Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#29 Joe Richards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Pretty sure Harrison is being trialled further up the ground as a winger this season and that makes sense as a potential candidate to replace Sidebottom.
Ginnivan is / was a super smart natural small forward and I think that’s the comparison I see with Richards ( more so based on Hines comments ) Richards may be closer to Hills skill set but I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him just yet as a small forward ( he played H B last year ) to offer comparisons so early. Either way, it’s exciting when a prospect seemingly comes out of the blue and seriously catches the eye at VFL level.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:18 pm

Just watched his highlights on the Collingwood website.
Three on the left and three on the right foot ( he’s a right footer )
No easy out the back or over the top and nearly all from 30 +.
Very clean hands too. That’s quite a day out !
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:59 pm

I watched the entire game.
Honestly, our future is horrid unless we draft some very good kids quickly.
Richards, Sullivan and Sofrinidis (who isn’t even on our list) were the only blokes who looked like they could make the next grade.
The others, including Allan, looked like suburban footballers.
Thank fork we won it last year!!!!!

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:33 am

burnsy17 wrote:
I^

Eyre and Dimattia are all just to play this year and the hit rate for new draftees is around 50 50 anyway. Rookie list has served as well in addition to this. Don't panic and carry on.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:12 am

The synopsis around Richards is correct; he is a 'natural & instinctive player.
Has very good judgement around the goals and is not frightened to back himself in. Last year, as indicated above was a total write-off given his severe hamstring injury.
Richards has come back stronger and, seemingly, faster and is getting the rewards. An AFL debut might be a possibility soon.

I am actually bullish about Sullivan, Jath, De Mattea (injured) Allen, Begg and Ryan.

I think that with Steene back in the next VFL game (with Krueger to follow shortly after) we will push for VFL finals again.

There is also a lot of hype around Hutchinson (190cm forward) and Ned Long (194cm and 92kg on-baller) for the mid season draft.

Great to see Joe Richards staking a claim; at the very least, it will keep the players in the AFL team on their toes.

I can only envisage it getting harder and harder to command a spot in the AFL team as we slip into gear and fight for a top 8 spot.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:01 am

Another small forward who might make it, yippee.
Don't mean to sound pessimistic but I have grave doubts about our depth. There just doesn't seem to be very much to get excited about

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:04 am

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:
^

Yes the mantra post cloke continues
We need a bloody big KPP full forward! Preferably with a better strike rate!
Remember looking through your fingers when he had a set shot!

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:52 pm

Agree 100% Burnsy. Apart from Richards, Sullivan and Sofronidis (must be rookie listed at the very least next year) and maybe Harrison, Eyre, and Steene the cupboard is very bare.

Unfortunately Finn, Carmichael, and Allan just aren’t going to make it. Along with these you could add Ryan and Begg…this season is make or break for both. Ryan appears unlikely to be able to improve sufficiently to hold down a spot in the AFL and Begg is undersized (height and bulk) to play as a modern day ruck. It’s time to see if he can hold down a KPP post (relieving in the ruck only) - forward or back.

Still far too early to adequately evaluate Jiath and DeMattia. From what I’ve seen not overly confident though.

From the VFL, Sam Glover has something and Ned Long looks promising as a tall 194cm modern hard working mid (although height is somewhat deceiving due to him having a 20cm neck).

Apart from a fantastic outcome last year for which we’ll always de eternally grateful, TBH I expected much more from Wright’s grand plan…maybe more will be revealed at seasons end in which we’ll be going into the National draft without a first round pick ( traded to Freo for Schultz).

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:01 pm

Of course we could do with a big key forward- of that I have no doubt.
However, without one, we need to make do with what we have on the list.
Krueger, Begg, Steene and, possibly, Eyre are the only likely candidates till the end of season... Nothing much to get excited about there to be honest.
In the absence of anything else, one of the above (or Ash Johnson) has to have a break-out patch of footy.
My money would be on Steene to be given an extended run- he is raw, but he is a big lad with a decent leap and is a very good kick...
Logan McDonald would be bloody handy- to think, three years ago, Adelaide were looking to part ways with Tex Walker...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: