Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Annual increase in speeding fines and traffic infringements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking from Flinders St to Vic Barracks and back is dangerous due to the amount of E Scooters on the footpaths. If you get collected you are screwed as there is no insurance available. Had a few dust-ups already this year telling the ignorant fcks to get off the footpath.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:27 pm

Culprit wrote:
It's easy not to speed these days as most cars have cruise control. I will add you can still speed as well, you know the rules and it's the chance you take. Most road users are using the app "Waze". Live updates by individuals on where the Police are. Throw in that app and most car GPS have fixed cameras listed. Some Highways/Freeways have time over distance cameras, you know they are there. Now we have mobile phone cameras and I am all for those, if you have Bluetooth in your car and holding your phone you should be fined double. I will add I am always above the speed limit and I don't go off my speedo I go off my GPS, if someone wants to go faster than me I let them and then sit back from them and drive on their licence. It took me till I reached 24 years of age to get a full licence as I kept losing it for speeding. Back then on P plates, you got caught speeding, there were no fines it was disqualification. I even went to jail as I couldn't afford to pay the fines. Pity it isn't that way now.

I'm gonna have a look at that App.

Couple of things though, I use cruise control on the freeway and highway but not around town. There's too many fkn changes of limits. On the Highways out bush, if you set the cruise control for right on the speed limit you'll quickly end up with a Semi Trailer up your arse. When I was on the 1 point I nearly got run off the road twice by B doubles trying to pass me when they're only doing 103kmh, the overtaking lanes just aren't long enough. So now I have no points again, I set the cruise control for 5kmh over the limit and no problems. The time over distance cameras on the Hume haven't worked for over 10 years and sitting on 5k's over the limit I've driven straight past cops on the side of the freeway with the radar gun out the window and they ignore me.

I agree with the phone, mine is connected to bluetooth and I can answer it with a button on the steering wheel. If I get a text message, a preview pops up on the dash console so I can quickly see if it's something I need to worry about or not. So far nothing that couldn't wait til I got where I was going.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:34 pm

Culprit wrote:
Walking from Flinders St to Vic Barracks and back is dangerous due to the amount of E Scooters on the footpaths. If you get collected you are screwed as there is no insurance available. Had a few dust-ups already this year telling the ignorant fcks to get off the footpath.

Keep in mind that those are all those hire scooters the government decided to trial for 3 months 12 months ago. While it's prefectly legal to buy your own E scooter you aren't allowed to ride them anywhere, not that it stops people. There a couple of late teens in my area that have them and they come flogging along the footpath in the park next door and down the footpath in front of my house, and they're travelling more like 40kmh than 25.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:40 pm

yeah walking back to my sisters after games at the G its a bloody battlefield, someone will die. People are fuxcking selfish arseholes
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:29 pm

The problem with cruise control is the idiots who have it on whilst overtaking because their cruise control is 101 and the car in the left is doing 100…

The other day coming home from Shep Google said there was an accident so the Melba was quicker. Other than the absolute disgraceful state of that road, the worst thing was there was an absolute asshole speed camera operator set up in the middle of one of the very few overtaking lanes…
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:44 pm

^

The Whittlesea Yea road is more fun. Barely 2 cars wide in parts, twists and turns through hills with rainforest all round, your either driving with a rock wall 6 inches from the side of your car or a 100m drop 6 inches away. last time I drove that, Mum was hanging with both hands and eyes like saucers the whole time. Laughing

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:21 pm

Drove to Yarrawonga and Back and I rarely sat on the speed limit. Most of the time I had a few drivers that drove like pilots and wanted clear skies in front of them and I sat back from them and drove on their licence.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:13 pm

^

What does "Drive on their licence" mean? Confused

Side note, Victoria's Top Cop has been busted for speeding. 58 in a 50 zone and has to hold a press conference saying how sorry and embarrassed he is for being caught. (not for speeding, being caught)

Seriously? 58 in a 50 zone? I went to pick up the Grandson Saturday morning and reckon I went through 15 changes of speed limits with no consistency. After a while you just stop looking at the signs and stay with the traffic around you. Fkn single lane roads at 50, 60 and 70, Double lane roads at 60, 70 and 80, 3 lane roads at 60 and 80. Trying to keep track of what the limit is where you are is just fkn ridiculous. You'd spend more time looking at the speedo than where you're going.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:22 pm

^ Yes. It's the one thing the US do very well. Very few red light cameras and rules to drive at the speed of the traffic.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:37 pm

^

I don't get the USA road rules. I got a taxi from San Fran airport to the CBD, the freeway was posted at 55mph and the taxi was going 85, and people were flying past him. I saw one bloke pulled over by the cops, I hate to think how fast he must have been going.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:45 am

^He was probably going too slow. You can get a fine for driving too slow on Freeways as it's just as dangerous and driving too fast
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

I don't get the USA road rules. I got a taxi from San Fran airport to the CBD, the freeway was posted at 55mph and the taxi was going 85, and people were flying past him. I saw one bloke pulled over by the cops, I hate to think how fast he must have been going.

Yeah, I quizzed a bloke about it and he said as long as you don't go over 90 mp/h (In California) the cops won't bother you.
I made great time from San Fran to Vegas!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:30 pm

^
Christ, driving 40MPH over the speed limit on a freeway in Victoria would have your licence cancelled and your car impounded and crushed, not to mention the fine.
Then again, our roads are so shit that you'd likely destroy your car before you got picked up.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Interesting experience driving up to Toc this morning. I figured the Hume would be a disaster until nearly Kalkallo so drove up Plenty Road to Whitlesea, then Wallan and got on the hume there. It was still pretty messy but driveable.

As I merged on I could see about 20 cars up, a cop car in the right lane just sitting on about 115-118, passing everyone, but no lights or sirens going. So I figured, you beauty, I've got pace car. As long as I don't pass him, I can drive as fast as him. And I did. Got in the right lane, sat between 115 and 118 and gradually passed all except the 3 cars immediately behind him and then sat there for the next 40km until he turned off.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:57 pm

Hey Stu, driving on their Licence means. They are in front of me speeding, any Police Car sitting anywhere along the road will ping them first. I watch for brake lights, heavy braking etc. I only need to keep an eye out for what's coming up behind me and I have been driving like that for Decades (I still have full points). I am all for letting someone pass me if they want to go faster than me.

I was heading into the city on the Monash in the 80kph zone and sitting with the traffic doing close to 90kmh. I then noticed an unmarked police car (VW Amarok) behind me. Then a Merc moved past me in the right-hand lane going around 10kph faster than the traffic and bang, lights went on and the unmarked Police Car pulled them over.

I am trying to think the last time I got booked speeding and I reckon it was about 16 years ago and I am not a slow driver by any means. Waze is my friend and that's on always in my Car via Apple Car Play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: