Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

History of racism exposed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:03 pm
Post subject: History of racism exposedReply with quote

The Kraquer brothers have finally publicly announced that they were racially vilified during their playing days. Others like Maurice Rioli and Michael Long have also come forward about being abused in the past. Wayne Johnson among others has been named as one of the perpetrators. It is absolutely no surprise whatsoever that Wayne Johnson hails from Bendigo 🙄 Two of Gavin Wanganeen’s cousins playing country footy in a league near Bendigo were subjected to horrific racial abuse both on the field and from the crowd. Very little was said about it and even less was done about it. Privately many of us knew about this horrible practice taking place in footy, even by Collingwood players like Monkhorst, Tony Shaw etc etc. It was seen as sledging at the time and not really a genuinely meant racist act. The general public sentiment at that time was that these victims of the abuse had to harden up and cop it sweet which was as ridiculous as it was disgusting stupidity. The brothers have named a few other players from other clubs. Good on them. It’s never too late to expose bigotry and racism. I hope they receive a fair hearing.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Kevin Sheedys name getting brought up last week. Is he not so perfect after all?

Chris Lewis is a player I remember being roughed up a lot when I was really young, and Im sure he had been racially abused on field in his playing days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: