Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Doing a good deed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, nice work.

Today I had the chance to repay Karma a bit. Called into the supermarket, old guy at the cashier, 2 women behind him with a load of groceries on the belt, me with mine behind them.

The old bloke is trying to pay for about 8 packers of Arrowroot Biscuits (found out later they were on special) with gift cards, but all the cards had been used. So the poor checkout chick would try to pay with one, swipe the card, put in the pin, insufficient funds, so swipe again, look up the balance, $2. Swipe again, put in Pin again, pay $2 off total, rinse and repeat with 2 more cards while we all waited.

Finally, she's exhausted all the cards and says to the old bloke that he needed more money, he didn't have enough on the cards, so then he starts trying to say to take some biscuits back when I stepped past the women in front of me (one of whom had pulled out her card and was about to offer to pay) and asked the checkout chick how much he owed.

$5.90.

So I handed her a $10 note and gave the old bloke the change. He didn't seem to get what was going on until the checkout chick told him he could put the biscuits in his bag, they were paid for. "All of them?" Yep, all of them.

He was saying thank you, god bless you then wandered off with his biscuits and his $4.10 in his hand.

An Arrowroot biscuit is nice with a cuppa but I hope he had more to eat at home than that.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:55 pm

thats beautiful, but $£$%^%%$ sad too xxx well done stu
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:55 pm

^That's set me up with good vibes for the day, Stui. I reckon these things have a bigger impact on people than we think. And you're right, a bickie with a cuppa is one of life's great pleasures in its own right.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:53 am

Kudos to you Stui. All we hear about is how bad people are not about what the good things many do.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:35 pm

This one's not me.

Driving home from Toc this morning, on the Hume southbound, around 20 minutes south of Seymour, I'm passing a semi trailer. Cruise control is on so I'm just idling past him, get past enough and about to pull back into the left lane when I see some birds in the middle of the road up ahead.

Ah well, birds, look a bit like pigeons, they'll fly away when I get closer, but as I get close I realise they weren't pigeons, they were a mother wood duck and about six ducklings happily strolling across the Hume freeway from right to left.

They'd just passed the centre line heading into the left lane so I stayed in the right lane, straight past no problems then quickly look into the rearview mirror to see the truck I just passed in the left lane with a 4wd beside him in the right.

Oh Shit I thought, this is going to be duck carnage, but as I watched, both drivers must have spotted them. The 4WD headed toward the right side emergency lane and the Truckie swerved the truck the way Semi's aren't made to be swerved when travelling at 110kmph+ into the emergency lane on the left side, missing the ducks who obliviously just kept waddling across the road. For a second I thought the truckie was going to lose it but after a few wobbles he got it straightened up again.

So to that truckie, I say Well Done Sir (or Ma'am )

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:51 pm

^^It's a worry, driving around Albert Park Lake the Swans love taking cars on. At least it's 40 kmh now so stopping isn't dangerous. Shocked
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:14 pm

As my company is doing our walks for "March On", we had an elderly guy jogging in front of our group (5) and he dropped in front of us. Well me team of 5 who I am very proud of went to work. We were chest pumping and putting in the breathing as we are trained to do. This is Docklands near the Wharf Hotel where we had our conference My GM who is in my team was on the phone to 000 as the rest of us tagged teamed CPR until the Ambulance arrived. Whilst doing the CPR they wired him up and when ready they took over. Our Conference was a bonding time together and my GM stood up later and acknowledged how we do not work together on different sites but we still are a team. Last report the guy had several stints put in and wants to catch up with us and say think you.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:37 pm

^That's brilliant. Bravo again! What a very literally life-saving skill. And how's that for luck, having a whole tag team of highly trained CPRers behind you when you drop to the turf?!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: