Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Treatment of Nick Daicos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

As I said earlier, my criticism is actually directed at our other midfielders for not regularly smashing his tagger out of the way. Maynard seems to be the only one who understands what is required, and he's not a midfielder. Adams, De Goey, Crisp and even Pendles need to step up and show some mongrel . Do that and our opponents will soon be 2nd guessing themselves and will begin taking their eyes off Nick.

Absolutely!!! Mad

I agree, but we’d get pinged and give away free kicks or get reported.

I meant playing tough within the rules of the game. I get it that cheating umpires (yes, they come from the same society as the cheats that exist) will give the opposition rubbish frees but we get them given now in every single game so nothing will change). As for reporting, the MRC or the tribunal can deal with that. But we can’t play conditional football depending on the umpires. If we are to save this season from potential disaster, we must play tough footy.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:39 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Name one other young player this year getting the shit Nick has copped. Name one.

jason-horne-francis
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:06 am

woodys_world69 wrote:
jason-horne-francis

Booed by crowds not the same thing. Hell, our players went up to him and shook his hand for the Port game. Was he deliberately mobbed by opposition players on game day, punched and whacked and kneed and thrown to the ground — not just by ”a hard tag”, but by a dozen players? Every week?
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:43 am

Your support for Britney Spears was brave, but I don't think your Leave Nick alone campaign is having the same impact.

Leave Nick alone.jpg

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Surely you're joking QM67.

Footy is a physically demanding contact sport, which demands toughness by all players. Of course Nick Daicos has been attracting physical attention from opponents, especially taggers. That's part of the game. As I said earlier, my criticism is actually directed at our other midfielders for not regularly smashing his tagger out of the way. Maynard seems to be the only one who understands what is required, and he's not a midfielder. Adams, De Goey, Crisp and even Pendles need to step up and show some mongrel around the packs. Do that and our opponents will soon be 2nd guessing themselves and will begin taking their eyes off Nick.

Y s but then they get suspended
Let’s see what happens this week if sloppy second in the Brownlow bont gets the broken leg treatment from the hawks, or their young goal kicker or lib a, there will be an uproar!
No problem with tagging, big problem with down right thuggery

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:27 pm

Selwood
Bontipelli
Buddy

All have or had their way of playing for frees, all protected and lauded

We have potentially the GOAT in our hands and he’s bagged and bashed from pillar to post

Why?
I’ll tell you why
It’s black and white, literally
I’ve never wanted an advantage, just an even playing field, given that we gave at least 2 more premierships, probably 3, just in my lifetime.
Give Nick a fair go, they broke his (*&^%^& leg! And nothing!

Fuckem,

blybo 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:18 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
blybo wrote:
I believe Nick's incredible start to his career, and obvious self confidence has gotten some senior players off side at times. I've heard a few players interviewed where they say he better learn how to deal with a tag, rather than flying the flag for him and help him out. Adams comes to mind in particular and I reckon I've seen him not give the handball to Nick running past even though a good option.

Okay I’ll bite. Could you please provide solid evidence for this claim? Otherwise it sounds like the crap opposition fans dribble with made up rubbish and I stopped being gullible years ago. Also don’t you get that this is a bad reflection on Craig McRae’s coaching that he allows this “attitude” to happen on the field? Surely he has more control than that? Nah, it stinks of rubbish.

Whilst I don't feel obliged to "give evidence" to support my own belief, watch Tay's half time interview from the Hawthorn match. It's subtle but I've been aware of it for some time. Players are human and can get their noses out of joint when a wunderkind arrives and they are not centre of attention anymore. I felt bad for Howie on 360 last night and all the other players as when they are interviewed by the 2nd or 3rd question it is about Naicos, not themselves, must get tiresome.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:43 pm

think positive wrote:
^

I'm not suggesting anything illegal, just physical pressure bumping the tagger, by smashing body on body, at every opportunity. FFS, it aint rocket science.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:38 pm

There's some really unhinged stuff in this thread.

FFS it's a man's sport, Nick will be fine when he grows into his man's body. If the supporters can't harden up then no chance our players. You do realise people from other clubs read this stuff - like Talking Carlton actually.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:39 pm

OG Daicos is 100% right. AFL, umpires, AFLPA have been 💩 since the Sydney game.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/collingwood-magpies/afl-2023-peter-daicos-on-treatment-of-nick-knee-injury-hit-from-james-blank-fourth-umpire-collingwood-magpies-latest-news/news-story/01d28db97cd28bdcc827bd87a56b5630

“I wasn’t happy about the incident, to be quite honest. Nick had come off about a 20 metre run and got stopped dead in his tracks.

“The kid from Hawthorn (Blank) hit him pretty hard and didn’t try and fend off or try and miss him, he was clearly in it to run into him.

“I was a bit disappointed about it ... Nick didn’t even get a 50m penalty, Nick had marked it, took two strides and (Blank) hit him, so that should’ve been a 50m penalty down the field. Or at least, (Blank) should’ve made an attempt to try and fend or whatever.

“The end result hasn’t been a good one.”
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:49 pm

shawthing wrote:
There's some really unhinged stuff in this thread.

FFS it's a man's sport, Nick will be fine when he grows into his man's body. If the supporters can't harden up then no chance our players. You do realise people from other clubs read this stuff - like Talking Carlton actually.

The unhinged stuff is validating thuggish behavior's.

Nick will be alright but some kid is going to be seriously hurt because the AFL is sanctioning this type of shite against young men with bodies that are still not properly developed.
Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:32 pm

SCANS have confirmed Hawthorn key defender James Blanck has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and is set to miss the entire 2024 season.
This is the player that hurt Nick's knee.
He turned his body to meet Nick when he could have avoided him (obviously the team was under instructions). No report.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:19 pm

Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:26 pm

I am not a vindictive person... actually maybe I am...
I watched the replay over and over... got his number and screenshot his bio...
Life. Get. Must.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:27 pm

Made me laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: