Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

People are strange critters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:22 pm
Post subject: People are strange crittersReply with quote

I like people watching, I never fail to be amused at some of the weird shit people do. Ducked over to Coles in Bundoora today and one peanut was resolutely driving in the opposite direction to the arrows and giving people dirty looks for driving the right way.

My neighbour has to be up there. Several years ago they landscaped their front yard with about 20 standard white roses. Lining both sides of the path to the front door and along the front fence. They've been away for a week on holidays, first thing he did when they got home was chop out all the roses. Confused

What struck me was, he didn't dig them out, just hacked them off at the bottom of the stem and stacked them all on the naturestrip. So the roots are all still in the ground, I look forward to spring when they all start growing back.

Also on Coles, when I got there at 12:30 everything was shut. One bloke who presented as not being a Mensa candidate was hanging around the door telling people coming in that it was closed until 1pm, he'd read it on the other entrance. Nice work from him, guess he had not much else to do.

Any funny people watching stories?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I love people watching, it’s one of my favourite things! So many stories, yet I’m drawing a blank right now, not feeling the best, I’ll get back to you!

Oh but then There are those people doing their shopping in pjs, men waiting for women in shopping centres looking like they wanted to die an hour ago, watching people set up on the beach make 25 trips to the car, wondering why they don’t get a trolley, then realising we made 5 and the new super duper trolley I bought was in the garage right next to the beach chairs!

The guy with the roses, I wonder if the trip was......stressful!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:13 pm

Hah, blokes in shopping centres are great but I love the old blokes in the supermarket, pushing the trolley while the wife pinballs side to side down the ailes, with an expression on his face that says "please shoot me" Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:43 pm

Opposite with me and hubby, I $£$%^%%$ hate shopping with him! He buys all shit we don’t used! And then wonders why it expires!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:44 pm

^

That reminds of an old joke.

Man and wife are doing the shopping. man sees a slab of beer on special and grabs one and puts it in the trolley.

Wife quickly says "you don't need that", takes it out of the trolley and puts it back on the shelf.

Couple of aisles later, wife grabs some expensive moisterisers/cosmetics and puts them in the trolly.

Man, still miffed at losing his beer says "what do you want that stuff for?"

Wife, it helps me look beautiful.

Man, so does the beer and it's half the price.

MAN DOWN AISLE 5.

Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:44 am

hehe!! love that one!!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:44 pm

On one of our first trips to Melbourne, back when Swanston St had all those breakfast bargain places. We were having our big breakfast, the place was humming with people.
I noticed this bloke, backpack on, with a stuffed monkey sticking out the top walk by. He had a few strange mannerisms that had me wondering what he'd do next.

He takes off to the other side of the road and sits down on a bench, unpacks his monkey and sits it next to him. Then he started pointing at things and talking to his 'friend', getting really excited every time a tram rattled by.
I was in tears and me 'n Kel had a great 15 minutes or so watching this bloke we had now dubbed monkey boy, before he packed the monkey away and moved on.

It was even funnier the next day when we were wandering through the city and who should be walking toward us... yep, monkey boy!
I turned around to see what he was up to and there it was, his monkey hanging out the top of a Collingwood backpack as he kept striding down the road.... we nearly died!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:10 pm

Hehehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: