Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17 Captain Scott Burns

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

frankiboy wrote:
^ Agree. Even 10 games is a helluva lot better than the whole year without. 3 of those would be nice in the finals Smile

We all hope Burns might play on, but if he wants to coach now might be a good time to start. I see you're a convert to the Cousins Cult frankiboy. Wink
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:57 pm

35forever wrote:
05bucks wrote:
daics cousin wrote:
Collingwood's next captain will be TRAVIS CLOKE

Not Travis, no way - AGREE 100%

Josh is the man for the job - NO, see below.

Remember, it's not a matter of picking your best player, rather, you want a born leader, a player who has the respect of the other blokes, and someone who performs week in-week out without being subject to confidence problems like Trav, Ant, Fev, or Richo.

- Funny, I thought Josh's confidence in the ruck was at an all time low this year. Sure he had some injury problems, but he put in some shocking performances. And Josh doesn't impress me that he is a born leader. He seems too shy and unassertive on the field. He lets opposition players run all over him (e.g. Kepler Bradley, Fremantle, of all people!).

I would've picked Dids a few months ago despite his being something of a confidence player. I remember Mick describing him as a born leader just prior to his debut, and he always seems to perform when the chips are down - case in point the goals from the boundary against the Brions in the '03 first final. Heater would also have been an excellent choice as his game is built on work rate and leading from the front. He also has the Shaw name and history and is steeped in the spirit of Bobby and Jock.

But the suits stuffed that up.

- Sorry but that is absolute Bullshite! The only people who stuffed up there was Didak and Heater. And by being such bloody idiots we had no choice but to suspend them. The suspensions were right, even though they cost us bigtime. Neither showed any leadership potential in these actions - next....

Imagine those hypocritical turds going after a drug fiend like Cousins when they've stuffed the careers of two Collingwood champions - costing us a shot at Hawthorn this week in the process - because of a silly fib.

- Now just because I support the club's decision to suspend Didak and Heater doesn't mean that I think we should cut off our nose to spite our face. Trading Didak or Heater (who is actually more culpable that Didak) would be the stupid decision. Chasing Cousins is a sensible move both for us, because we need a gun midfielder, and for Cousins who needs a stable environment to play his footy in. I want Cousins! And lay off the "drug fiend" mate, what's your poison or addiction? Because most people have one - my guess is alcohol (a drug! Shocked ) given your support of Dids and Heater.

Those two players are Collingwood to the bone. If businessmen cause us to lose them I will be coming after them (verbally, of course!)

- yeah I'm sure we're all quaking in our boots! Laughing

So it's Rogan, Tarks, or maybe Pendles. Travis won't work simply because he's a confidence player, albeit a great one. Same goes for Daisy.

- How about Leon? And in the future Jack Anthony (now there is someone who does have presence on a footy field).

But it don't matter this year, Scotty will play on.

- Well, here we have something to agree upon. Wink
john b 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:43 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
listening to Eddie on SEN on the way home tonight, he said an announcement would be made next week.

didn't hint either way, but said that Burns would make the announcement himself. He did indicate that he knew.

I don't know if im been pesamistic or synical, but whats there to announce.

If he was playing on there would be no announcement.

Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the memories Captian Scotty Burns

Last edited by john b on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:11 am

Cut to the chase Pies- make him assistant coach to replace McKenna.

Great player that he was, Its time the new boys made it happen- Pendles captain for me with Clokey vice-captain.

Lets move on and start a new era.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:23 pm

https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/players/scott-burns/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: