Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stick to the AFL ....Eddie!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 12:22 pm
Post subject: Stick to the AFL ....Eddie!!!Reply with quote

Guys I think we should be congratulating Eddie for his outspoken
opinion against the Draft concessions being offered to the the Lions and Swans.

It seems every interview I hear(re Wanker Jackson) or anything I read specifies about 'Collindwood's'scathing reaction to the gifts offered to the clubs by the AFL.

Its good to know we can still stir it up when we, and several other clubs, are about to be monumentally screwed by the nationally focused AFL. It seemed like Eddie was the only president who let it be known this was not going to be tolerated and seemed capable enought to gather some support from other club presidents who by the majority seemed to be happy sitting on their hands waiting for the AFL to pass it's royal decree.

I think Eddie cops it a bit but geez I'am suprised we have not
come out paying him some well earned thanks. In the long haul crap biased, short sighted, decisions like these can only harm us.

And for Schmucks sake cant we get a CIA operative to not only take out Bin Laden but to also take out Mike 'The Shit' Sheehan.
He is another who loves to bag Eddie. Piss him off Eddie send him packing back to Channel Seven where he was masterfully and still is the AFL lapdog!!

Louis

[This message has been edited by DaicosForever (edited 02 October 2001).]

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie cops it and sometimes he deserves. He generally wears it though so he can dish out what he wants. He is CFC President and no matter what the forum he is obliged to state the CFC case. He does that better than anyone before him.

Ch. 7 and the AFL get annoyed, but who cares?
As for Sheean, well, who F***** cares?

Malklas 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 3:30 am

I think Eddie should tone it down considerably, I dont want to see a goose on national TV.

Carlscum have one currentley and everybody thinks his well past his used by date.

Go Pie Pride....join in and everyones a winner.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 5:04 am

Well done Eddie.

If we have to put up with Sydney drafting A Rocca and N Buckley, its only fair they have to put up with the possibility, that one day we will get our own back!

Greg J
pie-no-sauce 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 5:49 am

Having read the bahoohaa on this topic the pearler (raised by Eddie) and not focussed upon, is the key to this issue.
WHAT ARE THE AFL TRYING TO DO.?
- Promote the game of course, and, as stated by Eddie, promotion of the game is a subtly different issue to the job of evening up each of the competing teams.
If the Swans and Brizzie (note that the Crows and the Eagles don't get included here - though perhaps the forlorn Dockers should) are to reap draft benefits, the gain will be quick or ladder ascendency (already as high as it can possibly get for Brizzie) but slow for the PROMOTION OF THE GAME aspect.
WHAT IS IS THAT PROMOTES THE GAME.?
It can be seen at Vic Park, Tigerland, Optus, Glenferrie, Scraggerland, Windy Hill and even at Woolloomakankie 3rd's ,,, it is a fanatical supporter base.
HOW DO YOU PROMOTE THIS INVOLVEMENT,
Many ways including but not limited to the game as a whole (AFL) sponsoring sausage sizzles, training night supporter involvement, junior leagues, kids skills sessions "with the players", autographs galore, free footy scarves, etc etc
In other words, the equivalent money of extra draft picks should be used to seduce the locals into loving their team like we love CFC and not thrown away on short term fixes.
My two bob's worth.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 5:57 am

Eddie is doing the right thing. I think it is about time the other clubs stop being so piss weak and speak up.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: