Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dangerfield has to go — spineless AFLPA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:15 am
Post subject: Dangerfield has to go — spineless AFLPAReply with quote

Hasn’t stood up for Ginnivan once all year, even when Ginni spoke about the mental toll. Also hasn’t said peep about Zorko’s sledge against Petty. Is the AFLPA only concerned with $$$?
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dayne-zorko-sledge-that-left-harrison-petty-in-tears-revealed/news-story/b4d3fa120567fed687d6044710cd5cfe

Also dont forget the Adelaide pre-season camp debacle.

Does anyone know if there is more to this story? is Harrison Petty's mum sick etc? which would make his comments 100 times worse then they already are.

Nobody knows what the AFLPA does, they dont care for current players...they dont care for Past players.... all they care about is getting higher salary and media deals so they can get their cut of the earnings.

I suspect reading articles danger doesnt believe its his job, and as president hes more concerned on big picture stuff. So it sounds like to me the player (Petty) needs to seek out assistance from the AFLPA if he believes the clubs or AFL havent done what they are suppose to in these circumstances.

The Lions should obviously strip him from captain and leadership roles, and i think immediately. not next year. This is a sign/reason why they dont win finals the Lions
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:53 pm

Zorko apologised and yes from my understanding Petty’s mum is ill. The crickets from the AFL and AFLPA is mind blowing though, but seems they only see themselves as money men. This is why I’m not a fan of current players being President/spokesperson for the AFLPA, the “code” gets in the way. There should have been a swift and very clear denouncement of sledges getting too personal, everything has a limit. Trash talk away, but what Zork said is pretty low. Reminds me of Selwood, but he at least didn’t know the tattoo was of the players daughter and not their partner. Zorko knew and still chose to go there.

But anyway, the silence on Ginni (and AFL’s attitude he deserves it) is appalling. Contracts and money means nothing if players quit due to mental health or worse.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:28 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:

The Lions should obviously strip him from captain and leadership roles, and i think immediately. not next year. This is a sign/reason why they dont win finals the Lions

Rewind 20 years ago when Buckley wiped his blood on Cameron Ling's jumper. He was captain. Should we have forced him to step down as captain?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:09 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

Rewind 20 years ago when Buckley wiped his blood on Cameron Ling's jumper. He was captain. Should we have forced him to step down as captain?

Whabout is a poor argument, and really bad example. Nowhere near to knowing someone’s mum is seriously sick and saying they hope they die to put the player off.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:55 pm

^ both are examples of leaders / captains who made a really bad choice.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:00 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
^ both are examples of leaders / captains who made a really bad choice.

Yeah I agree it was a low point for Bucks, but different to the Zorko sledge. Petty did nothing wrong — Ling deserved to be slapped!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:30 pm

^ tru dat
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

And look at the questions raised about Buckley. I remember copping it and then finding myself having to stand up for the club yet again when that happened.

But dont anyone dare say anything about the brave lions. Fk it's nice to see the media turn on them a little bit.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:30 pm

^ exactly, he deserves the scrutiny, but some of the comments are a tad over the top.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:31 pm

Not really whatsinaname, it was as low as you can go in sledging. Sledge their dogs, but not relatives. Anyway, players have apologised, Petty’s fine, so closing the thread.

AFL and AFLPA are still gutless re Ginnivan though Wink
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:05 pm

And good on big Maxy for speaking up.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:09 pm

Yep times up for Dangerfield he has become a joke and he is just pathetic
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:55 pm

Zorko’s sorry not sorry tonight. Seriously. He said Melbourne players were sledging him first. Just own it, you flog and apologise. It’s not hard. Anyway, not our club and not our concern! Wink
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:41 am

Actually Zork fully apologised on radio so that’s the end of it as far as I’m concerned. Full stop. Caro is just clickbaiting and creating controversy for headlines, ignore her. You’d hope the AFLPA has spoken to the players and asked if they’re ok though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: