Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

draft & trade! is it time to start thinking about it?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:49 pm
Post subject: draft & trade! is it time to start thinking about it?Reply with quote

I can't believe these thoughts are entering my head so early in the season but is it time to start thinking about tradeable players? who on our list is worth something? what kind of players do we need to draft? are they out of contract?

Apologies for being so pessimistic but today was our worst home & away loss in the past 3 years. Confused
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need some trade bait too.... who would want any of our players at the moment?
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:55 pm

It is part of the football department's duties to assess players that are required and those who are expendable. At the moment there are one or two players who the club placed great trust in this year but who are letting the side down every week. These players will be seriously looked at for trade purposes at the end of the year.
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:01 pm

Shane O'Bree may interest some clubs. Meanwhile Travis Johnson to my knowledge is out of contract this year?
magpies are 2 good Sagittarius

jacki is hot

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:05 pm

if collingwood want to put up same bait for the other clubs they can put up kinnear, o'bree (althou he is playing good) and cole just to mention a few i can name more but not in mood
magpies are 2 good Sagittarius

jacki is hot

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:20 pm

there is a player in northern knights side called mark lynch he is 207cm and thinks he can grow a bit more. now if i was a collingwood recruit guy i would go for him coz he can play in ruck and forward as well. he is good some ppl think
Mick's My Favourite 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:27 pm

Lynch is not the best player in the TAC cup

the guy who is the best is a guy named Prior who plays for the Murray Bushrangers and had 21 marks and kicked 7 goals against the Eastern Charges..

he will be a better player than Lloyd and almost as good as Plugger

it is a very talented year in the draft and if we can finish last and not win 5 games we might snare 2 players as good as Reiwoldt or Fraser..

so hopefully Bucks back is pretty bad and we can stay crap for the whole year

or like today when we get a long way in front, the word can come down from Mick and we can "Tank" the games...

in the AFL today, to go forward, you have to go back

suffer the pain, enjoy the ride and the frustration

then after a couple of years like the Saints and Brissy before them go forward.

that is Mick's long term plan.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:06 am

Travis Johnstone!!!!???? You're kiddin me right?

Coughlan.

Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:25 am

Cam, Richmond wouldn't trade Coughlan for quids, as much as I'd love to have an in and under player with decent leg speed at the club, I can't see him coming to Collingwood, let alone anywhere else.

Johnstone is out of contract and definately trade bait for Melbourne, but he's not worth looking at just yet. What make shim any different to some of our other listed players? 5 years in the system, struggles for pace, inconsistent form.

I don't know who our tradeable commodities are and thats not great. Realistically Cole is tradeable and in a team like Brisbane, I fear he'd flog us. Kinnear doesn't have any value in the market place, O'Bree's leg speed will hurt in trade talks. As unfortunate as it is, Lokan and Lonie loom as being the two guys that we could generate some interest in, as would Johnson, but God help me if they trade him, he's got more balls than KENO and we need him right now. I don't see what we have right now that would generate a lot of interest in the marketplace.

Can anyone think of someone?

P.S: I've heard the best player in the TAC this year is a young kid from Kyabram, dunno his name. Sorry
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:31 am

We really need some consistency in our players, consistency under pressure at the ball and with our delivery. The only thing we lead the stats in is kicking turnovers, warnings/last chance to either put your body in, or learn to hit a target to:

Williams (trade)
Kinnear (trade)
Obree (trade)
Davis or Didak (trade one, our fwd line is too soft with both and No5 will over the next few years spend a lot of time forward).

Woewodin (put on notice)
Cole (put on notice, this one really hurts)
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:52 pm

Williams, Kinnear, O'Bree and possibly Davis are tradeable. Didak and Wowy are on notice. I can't bring myself to trade Lones or Dids but they are in real trouble. Mark my words, heads will roll.
Presti_is_god 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:37 pm

As ive said in other threads you guys say Kinnear and co. are tradeable but who the hell in their right state of mind would want them???

Youve got to give to get.

Drafting is the way to go with the odd trade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: