Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

CAUFIELD, MELBOURNE AND COX PLATE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:34 am
Post subject: CAUFIELD, MELBOURNE AND COX PLATEReply with quote

Hello All,

Just wanted to get some early predictions on peoples tips for the major races in the Melbourne Spring Carnival.

Here are mine

Caufield Cup - Kaapstaad Way (As long as it is dry)

Melbourne Cup - Sale of Century

Cox Plate - Northerly

My sentimental favourite though is Yippyio who hopefully can make the Melbourne Cup again

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
ed healey 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

cox plate 1.Northerly
2.sunline
3.viscount

cups could both be won by universal prince.

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:49 am

Sunline will win the Cox plate, she's the greatest horse we've seen in a long time.

Kapstaad Way will win the Melbourne Cup. Came fourth last year and with another years experience, should win.

Caulfield Cup is the hardest to pick this year. If Northerly runs, it will win. If not it's a real toss up, but I do like Kapstaad Way.

For those who aren't really into betting, I think the best way to bet on the Melbourne Cup is to include it in a double with the Cox plate. Sunline is as close to a certainty as you can get. I've also included Northerly in the Cox plate doubles, but I've got 20 on each of these doubles (Cox/Melbourne): Sunline/ Universal Prince, Sunline/ Kapstaad Way, Northerly/Universal Prince, Northerly/ Kapstaad Way. There is no way any other horse will challenge Northely and Sunline in the Cox Plate. To be safe I've put both of them in the doubles, but I still think Sunline will win it. Sunline won by about 15 lengths last year and I can't see Northerly winning.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 9:57 am

I will let you all in on a secret ok, watch for a horse called 'joffa's gem' strangely enough i have big wraps on this fella you can almost hear it now HERE COMES THE JOFFA WITH A RATTLING RUN..... its kinda scary isn't it....LOL

GO THE JOFF YOU BEAUTY!!!

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 10:03 am

Sunline's not going as well as she has in the last couple of years. I think the W.A. horse has got something on her.

I love the way Kersley describes Northerley as a "pretty good horse". Don't you just love horse trainers. They are such masters of the understatement. Either that, or they exaggerate how good their horses are, like the late T.J.Smith who reckoned every horse he ever trained was an absolute certainty in every race it ran.

I've got no opinion on the Caulfied and Melbourne Cups at this stage. Those races are hard enough to pick on the day, let alone weeks in advance.

**floreat pica**

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 2:07 pm

True Alf, but when Sunline first came back to Australia, she was 25 kg overweight. She's almost back to her ideal racing weight now, watch the champ go!

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 4:05 am

Well I usually don't tip anything till the morning of a race and it's such a long way out from all these races that we're just guessing so I'm gonna stick with the horses I liked last season except for Brew of course who has retired. I had my money on Kaapstad Way last year and I thought it was a great 2nd in a the Caufield cup and a nice 4th in the Melbourne Cup and I am one who tends to keep my money on horses if they give me a good run. If it wins the Caufield though I can't see it winning the Melbourne Cup with the weight penalty, only great horses can do that. Sunline for the Cox Plate, she's done very nicely for me before and even though she's not going round as well this season when the time comes she'll still be too good.

Fradam Wrote This
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 8:35 am

I have no idea!!!!

JDF
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:24 am

sunline winning has to do with the other horses in the race..if they give sunline an easy run as last year the horse will romp in..if they box sunline in..and some1 else actually takes up the lead..northerly and co will have a chance

pure magic...
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:53 am

ok jlc
caufeild cup ,
native jazz
cox plate northely but id love to see sunline get up
melb cup ... the second mortgage

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 7:51 am

I've heard of Joffa Rose, but not Joffa's Gem.

Are you joshing us Joffa?

Greg J
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 10:13 am

Joffa rose is the lady and she is one mighty pretty horse.

joffa's gem is muscular and a mighty handsome horse he is very determined and very intelligent.......LOL ok im outa here !!

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: