Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

DO YOU OR DON'T YOU ?? THAT IS THE QUESTION

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:33 am
Post subject: DO YOU OR DON'T YOU ?? THAT IS THE QUESTIONReply with quote

Heres a hypothetical issue which faces a certain club that i have hated for a LONG time. So to make the scenario bearable i have changed the names to people we all love and admire.

Ok heres the deal:

Nathan Buckley is about 33 or 34 years of age and has been a true champion of our club. Thankfully Collingwood has made the Grand Final at last!!!!!!!! However Bucks has had an injury riddled year and his form hasnt been that good. The issue is do we play him in the Grand Final ??

Do we reward our loyal captain that could have left at any stage during his career ? Or do we bring in a young player with fresh legs and a burst of energy to help won the flag ??

Personally i would play Bucks to reward his loyalty

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

PLAY HIM - HE DESERVES TO!!!!!!!

PLUS I WORSHIP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!

BUCKS 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:41 am

P.S - PLAY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:43 am

I love bucks (yous know what i mean)

Im really looking forward to seeing bucks leading the magpies into the finals next year and when i see bucks leading the team out you will have to excuse me if i have a tear running down my cheek.

This guy is hurting( you can see it in his face evey year when the pies are non finalist again) and we are all hurting with him
the guy is so loyal admittingly he is on good money but he could probably get more money at a club that makes the finals every year...and he knows it, but he has stayed a magpie and he will go down into collingwood's history as one of our finest.

I WOULD PLAY BUCKS FOR SURE and in my pre match speech i would tell the other players loyality and comittment will always be the true ingredient for success in our game.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 11:01 am

No contest - PLAY BUCKLEY! His inspiration and leadership would make up for any injury/form doubts.

Hang on! Bucks having an injury riddled year? It doesn't even bear thinking about!!! LOL!

GO PIES!

Marg

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 8:04 pm

I really think a Grand Final is too important a game for sentiment. Sorry, folks. But I reckon you pick your best available team on the day.

Of course, in Buckley's case, you could probably amputate both his legs and he'd still be worth his place in the team.

**floreat pica**

Bones 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:48 pm

Michael Long done a hammie...ha ha ha ha what a load of chit..
Its just Sheedy saving face and not having to say in public YOUR NOT PLAYING matey..

What was that MM said the other day about LOSERS LIMP!!!!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 2:16 am

Absolutely no way would I even consider playing him. He has no from to warrant selection even if he was fit. The GF is there to be won or lost. The opposition want it and will give no quarter to achieve the ultimate sucess. All players must be able to perform - no passangers. Last week he was a passanger.

In 1990 I felt so sorry for Ronny McEwan but a decision had to be made and he was left out.

In any case, if reports are correct, he has done a hammie and is out anyway.

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 4:11 am

In the case of Bucks I would play him even if he'd just been fitted with an artificial leg. Games are won because of Soul. His presence alone would cause us to 'win it for Bucks'. There *is* loads of room for sentiment. If a club is cold and hard what's the point of supporting it? There is more to football than just winning Premierships, and I strongly feel those clubs that show inspirational values will have far greater success than those that are pragmatic and business like. Clubs are like a Family and if you want to create a powerful lasting dynasty you want a culture of loyalty, even if it might cost you occasionally.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 5:06 am

I will play him. I can tell you now, Buckley would be unstoppable even if he was injured in the final.

Guys, remember Darren Millane had a broken thumb when he played in the GF in 1990.

JDF
Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 5:45 am

You play any sport to win, so if you are serious about winning you will put the best team possible on the paddock in the GF. What the coaching staff need to determine is whether a champion struggling like Long.....ooops Bucks....with an injury is worth more to the team on an inspiration factor, or whether younger, fresher legs will be more beneficial.

If he goes with the champ, it could be a match winning decision, or demoralising on the other hand if he limps off the ground in the first 5 minutes.

Personally...i'd play the champ and take my chances.

CARN THE PIES

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 6:45 am

Great post JLC your not just a pretty face. I can see a new TV program hosted by Eddie called "Footy hypotheticals" where questions such as yours are posed and various opinions given.

ps I would play Bucks, and if I was Sheedy I would have played Long.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 7:56 am

Does anyone rember the 1981 GF?

Peter Moore had strained his hamstring two weeks prior and Hafey played him against Carlton. Glascott played on him and ran away from as they came from behind in the last quarter to win the flag. Our trump card turned into a liablity and it was arguably the reason we lost yet another flag.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: