Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tips for posters in Sports Bar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:12 pm
Post subject: Tips for posters in Sports BarReply with quote

Although our regular band of posters is relatively small, other stats indicate this forum is a big success.

In a little over 18 months, there have been 984 topics started with 13,679 replies but the 'views' are well over 80,000. This bears out the feedback I've had over time with many similar to this, "Nick's Sports Bar is a winner. I always go there first, especially for cricket. Keep up the good work"

So many people drop in for a read without necessarily posting and although I'd like more input, that's as much the reason for the SB as it is to provide a forum for opinions and discussion.

This is an all sports (other than Aussie Rules and English Premier League Soccer) forum so please feel free to post about any sport. We have many cricket enthusiasts so it appears to be a cricket forum.

So let's hear from you Rugby League, Union, Tennis, Boxing, Cycling, Racing, Gridiron, Olympics/Comm. Games enthusiasts. Whatever, as long as it's a sport. Yes, we even cover Pro Wrestling. Very Happy

I'm also happy to report Kristin and I have rarely had to delete posts but we have to edit. With that in mind, here's a tip or three for posters.

If you notice an article of note, elsewhere - Cricinfo, Fox Sports, Yahoo etc. - feel free to copy it but make sure you acknowledge where it came from. Insert this info after the headline. Edit out references to photos.

Only use upper case letters for beginnings of names and places (and wherever else appropriate) in the topic name. It's ok to use them for a word or two in a post to EMPHASISE a point.

When writing a long reply, please put spaces after paragraphs (use this one as an example) as it makes easier reading.

Normal Nick's etiquette applies re. offensive language and abuse of other posters. By all means, disagree with a stated opinion but keep it within the boundaries of good taste and respect.

If you make a typo or notice (after you've posted) something you could've phrased better, click on 'edit' and change it.

Use the quote facility sparingly. If your comment is about a post within 2 or 3 of yours, just refer to it.

To our increasing band of regulars, thanks for the input to and patronage of this forum.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to post an article or write about an issue, please check to see if there's already a topic on the subject before starting a new one.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: