Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stuart Law to play for England ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:42 pm
Post subject: Stuart Law to play for England ?Reply with quote

Graveney refuses to rule out Law's England prospects

Wisden Cricinfo staff

David Graveney, England's chairman of selectors, has not ruled out the prospect of Stuart Law playing Test cricket for England.

Law expressed an interest in playing for England once he has gained British citizenship, and even though he's 36, he's still rattling off the runs for Lancashire. He topped the averages last season, and scored 171 not out against Sussex at Hove yesterday.

"I was at Hove on Thursday and saw Law bat against Sussex and there is no doubt he is an exceptional player. But he is 36." Graveney told BBC Sport. "He will not qualify to play for England until at least next year so it would be wrong for me to comment on it now. He is a fantastic player and a great asset to Lancashire so we will just have to wait and see what happens at the end of the season. We deal in runs and wickets and he is doing nothing wrong in that respect."

Law himself admitted his chances of playing for England are slim. "I am not counting any chickens. It is not that I don't want to play, but I think it would be ridiculous for a 36-year-old to play ahead of some good young players coming through."

Law has only played one Test, for Australia against Sri Lanka at Perth in December 1995. He made 54 not out, but was never picked again. Now there is an outside chance he could make his second appearance against Australia. He said, "I could play against a few of my best mates - that would be interesting."

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: