Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Corey McKernan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sav is not playing the best footy of his career. If that was the case he wouldn't have a career. He was very good at his best but he will not get there again because his body has suffered too much. He is simply having a better year than he has for a while because he was able to do a pre season.

Corey's case is a little different. His best is better than Sav's but he has not looked it for 4 years. He is similar to Sav in that he has a battle with his mind to win before he wins the footy. He has had injuries but not to the extent of Sav who had annual post season knee operations since he kicked 90 odd in a year when dermie was around to assist.

The question(s) with Corey is did 1996 over rate his ability and if not can he get back to that level?

I think the answer is a bit and probably not. If he comes cheap (unlikely) then give hima go. If we have to part with quality players then forget it.

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:19 pm

Did Someone say the Name Corey McKernan (My ears are up now ) lol

I say LETS GET HIM!!!!!!!!

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
B.MAN 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:53 am

i think he will be a great pick up,like i said in my own post,i think he will be very benifficial cos of the finals experience he can bring into the club,i think he is more passionate about his football than everitt is,corey can play either ruck or down forward,i just hope the pies make the right decision here,does anyone agree with what ive said here??

Mag Rob 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:46 am

I would Hate to pay him any where near the price he was on at the Poos. I would also be loathe to trade a decent young player for a guy who's ability, to get back to a position where he is playing near his best, is in question.

Go Hard.... GO PIES!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 11:48 am

Corey and Sav have more in common than we think. For Corey to be part of CFC's great revival he would need to do what Sav did this year.
That is play for base payment plus bonus payments for games played and specific goals achieved.
Under that system he would be a very good pick up and who knows, maybe payment incentive is what he needs to reproduce his best.
Don't forget that this guy did win a Brownlow, though he was ineligible due to suspension.

-Craig

FAITH

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 12:41 pm

Craig - so did Libba and I wouldn't take him for free.
Actually you haved a point re the contract structure but I doubt he would agree to that because he would get better offers (I presume) whereas Sav was sacked and drafted without choice.

I am not really concerned with player payments at present. We have room to move. I am more concerned with who or what we have to give up. I wouldn't give up "required" players for McKernan but then again I haven't spoken to him or his doctor for that matter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: