Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

For God's sake - stop talking about trades!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:07 pm
Post subject: For God's sake - stop talking about trades!!Reply with quote

People, People, People!!!

It is the silly season, I know, and it would be great if one of us had a crystal ball, but unfortunately that is not the case and therefore we are all UNQUALIFIED to talk about potential trades or draft selections.
Just look at all those people last year who 'knew for a fact' that we had Fraser Gherig (and others) signed sealed and delivered in exchange for one 5th round draft pick and a case of Diet Coke!! How wrong were they??????
That is of course unless you are a member of the recruiting staff and can enlighten us with your knowledge, but, as good as the people are on this BB, I seriously doubt that will happen,.
Lets have a look at this board for example.
Players Collingwood are supposedly getting -
Everitt
Hall
Black
Porter
McKernan
Wirrapunda
Solomon
etc, etc, etc
Players we are supposedly trading
Tarrant
Buckley
Rocca
Lockyer
Betheras
McKee
Prestigiacomo
AND THE LIST GOES ON and on and on!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but like Eddie himself on this BB, I am sick and tired of hearing all the unqualified, uneducated, rumour mongering, CLUB DESTROYING, non factual and baseless draft and trade information that gets thrown around on this (and probably other) bulletin boards!!
If you have good information, publish your sources, otherwise keep your mouth shut!! It is really giving me the shits!! (If you havent already guessed!!)
The only people that know for sure what is going on are the recruiting staff of the clubs and some of the players themselves, and thats IF any decisions have been made. Officially the trading season begins ONE WEEK after the grand final.
What I would like to read are post's like Ed Healy's who discussed a WA local grand final and Leon Davis' brothers along with another young aborigional boy who Ed rates highly. I don't know how good Ed's knowledge of football is but I still enjoyed reading his post. It was positive and informative and a good read. I would like to read more post's like that, about kids that people have watched, seen or heard of and the potential they may have.
I don't mind the post's that say "Wish we had so and so to fill such and such position on our list because of this reason and that reason, what does everyone think?"
Post's like that provide discussion, healthy debate and constructive examination of the team.

POSITIVE post's not negative ones are the best!

We know Nathan Buckley and Eddie McGuire both read this BB, and I am sure some other players do as well. Imagine what all that innuendo and rumour does to peoples confidence??

So basically, all I am asking, is leave all the trading and drafting to the experts that are employed to do their job, and stop trying to second, third and fourth guess what they are doing based on your best's freinds, uncle who's next door neighbor who eaves dropped on a conversation whilst travelling to work on the 7.15am express from Hurstbridge between two old ladies who were talking to a freind of a freind at the Eltham RSL who's daughter is engaged to the bootstudders assistant!!

Cheers!!

"Our future is so bright, we have to wear shades!"

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 2:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dillo - don't read it. You can generally tell by the heading what's going to be inside. If you are not interested don't read it. If people want to discuss the 1910 premiership of who they think could help us win the 2001 premiership, that's up to them.

I wouldn't disagree that the topic has been done to death and thatn it is all mere opinion and speculation but people want to talk about Collingwood and so they should.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: