Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Everitt

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 7:28 am
Post subject: EverittReply with quote

Just read on Real Footy that we are not interested in Spider. I think that is a mistake and I hope the club is just setting it's barganing position. I was particulary concerned at the comment that we have Josh so we don't need Everitt. If we have learnt only 1 thing from this year, it is surely that we need a ruckman. 22 consecutive games of being smahed in the ruck is surely a sign that something needs to change. Perhaps we have an alternative lined up (I hope so).

On a positive note the sam article refers to MM extending his contract for a further 2 years after next.
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/news/2001/09/13/FFXXKMMZIRC.html

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 7:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news about MM!
We definitely need a ruckman to help Josh. Maybe they have got somebody else in mind?

Legga 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 7:45 am

I was told we are still after Everitt, but the word is we will not be entering a bidding war, so if a deal can be struck, then we will get him, but we are not mortaging the house.
Rumours always fly around at this time of year. Apparently we are having a crack at Mark Porter, although I thought he had resigned. May have something to do with the amount they have just signed Camporeale for. Salary problems.

Seems McKernan is off to Essenscum. Lets hope they pick him up and he plays like crap with the bummers.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 8:01 am

i dont know if this has already been talked about but this morning i heard on the radio that mckernan wants to leave the kangaroos, and does anyone think he is worth persuing?

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:42 am

There is no use blowing huge amounts of our salary cap on Everitt. So unless he comes at a reasonable price, I say pass.

Greg J
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 5:22 am

I think it's fair enough to avoid Everitt. High profile players inevitably cost more than they are worth. Better to find another player with almost as much ability but not such a big name. We've got a lot of great young players that we don't want to have to let go because of the salary cap. I'd rather keep all of them.

**floreat pica**

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 5:37 am

Greg & Alf - fair comments. It's all a matter of cost v benefit really. On the salary cap, I think it is important to not that we are under the cap and can afford a profile player - if we are confident he will produce.

With Everitt, I think that means can MM get his attitude right and make him work his A** off. If he works as hard as Josh he will be a huge plus for us.

With McKernan, I am less optomistic. The other thrtead sums up my thoughts there.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 7:25 am

Its not worth entering into a bidding war for Everitt. The possible rumblings that this would cause with other players would be too disruptive. I am also worried about the off field activities

I doubt Essendon can afford McKernan due to salary cap problems. McKernan is a bargain at the moment. I have enough confidence in the coaching ability of Mick Malthouse to produce the best out of McKernan.

I believe the rest of the people on the board bagging McKernan and calling him a dud should have more confidence in Malthouse to produce the best out of McKernan. Im sure last year people were calling Clement and Holland duds ??

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 11:34 am

Yeah, but Clement and Holland were low-profile "duds". So when they turned out to be servicable players we got a real bargain. Succesful recruiting requires the recruiter to know more than the market. Same as punting actually, JLC. Same principle.

**floreat pica**

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:31 pm

I think Fraser and Everit would be a great Ruck / Forward combo for years to come, but Everit's not worth a bidding war, you're right. What about Stafford though? Not much doubt he'll leave the swans, and we might be able to pick him up fairly cheaply, have a handy ruckman who can kick goals, alternate with Josh for a couple of years til he finds his feet. I think McKernan is too injury prone for us - with such a young list and other options available. Interesting thought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: