Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Draft Rumours

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 3:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We have at least 10 to 12 players who are tradeable from our perspective and in demand from the perspective of various clubs. I am therefore hopwful that we can identify target players and engineer deals involing "expendable" players and interested clubs.
The ruck is our no. 1 requiremnt. I think we should target Spider and if that doen's come off then someone like McDonnald. I am not particularly interested in McKernan unless he comes cheap which I doubt. The next player I would target is Solomon. After that probably Black from Freo because he is good and wants to come "home".

The talk re Tarrent is hopefully just that. If the rumours are true then we have to do a very good deal. Pavelic is going to be a top level player but a trade for him would be dangerous because he wants to go home as well and how long could we keep him for?

As for other target players, a tall defender has been often mentioned and notably by Balme so It looks like they are going to try to get one. I don't see any obvious candiates on the horizon. I am hopeful Cloke can fill that role next year.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 7:28 am

Just read that Craig Elli's future is in doubt at the Bulldogs. I haven't seen a lot of him but he is tall and looks to have some pace. He is a little skinny though. He may be an option for us although I wouldn't trade much for a tall defender let go by a side lacking tall defenders unless he had something they couldn't see.
Anyone know much about him?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 7:49 am

That deal would have to be the most stupid deal ever and an absoloute joke.

You are trying to say that Sydney will get Hall and Davis and only have to give up Schauble and Fosdike dont make me laugh.

Clearly out of that deal Sydney are the winners. They are getting two quality players and giving up very little.

If Collingwood agreed to this it would have to be the worst deal ever completed by the club.

Here is a deal that i would accept Dimmatina to the Bulldogs in exchange for Craig Ellis and their second round draft pick

Rupert Betheras and Steve McKee and second round draft pick obtained from the Bulldogs to the Saints in exchange for Peter Everitt.

Brent Tuckey and Tyson Lane to WCE in return to Andrew Williams.

That would provide us with the Key forward and Ruckman that we require. Our best team would be as follows.

B: T.Lockyer S.Prestigiacomo B.Kinnear
HB: R.Lonie J.Molloy P. Licuria
C: A. Didak N. Buckley J. Clement
HF: N. Davis A. Williams C. Tarrant
F. L. Davis A. Rocca J. Fraser
R. P. Everitt RR SSB
R. S O'Bree

Int: B. Holland, H. Scotland, C. Steinfort
G. Freeborn S. Wakelin C. Rintoul

I think most people would agree that this is a very imposing team and would be hard to beat.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL

[This message has been edited by JLC (edited 07 September 2001).]
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 12:49 pm

i heard bout tazz for cousins too... lol!
id like that

~BANGER JR~
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 1:37 pm

Interesting post in the rumour mill (from the outer site) that says Tazz is definately not going to be at Collingwood next year!!!

PiesPremiers 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 1:47 pm

doubt that cousins would be leaving WC, he is their captain!!

really cant see him coming across. although he has had a strong relationship with malthouse..

Dan

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 6:07 am

I can't see Cousins leaving WCE. He had options when they recruited him and he chose WCE. He is not a Melb. boy like some of the others whom deals have been suggested of.

As for swapping him for Tarrant if he was available, well you must be kidding. Ben Cousins is a gun. No doubt he is/will be one of the top level on ballers. He may win the brownlow this year. That is all beside the point.

Key position players are rare. On ballers are plentiful. We have too many as it is. Class on ballers of Cousins' calibre are not so easy to get but frankly a goal kicking, marking forward is something we have busted our arses to recruit since Peter McKenna. We got BT and he was good for a while. We murdered Rowdy's career because we were desperate for a competitive CHF. We tried Choco Williams there when he was a winning centreman because winning forwards were harder to find. We moved Diac's to a permanent flank in '90 and won a flag because goals win matches. I could go on and on but my poiunt is simple. A class forward is NEVER worth swapping for a class on baller. NEVER!

If we are to loose Taqrrant then we must do a deal to replace the marking forward option he provides. I would consider a sawp for Spider but only if Spider gets his attitude and his fitness right and the Tarrant situation is irredeemable.

JLC - I like your side and I especially like Ant at FF. That's his best position because he can't run out a quarter let alone a game as a mobile CHF. I still think Richo is our best bet at CHB though and I am not convinced Neon is a 4 quarter player capable of playing from the firwst bounce yet. He will be soon enough though and look our then.

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:35 am

tazz will go

~BANGER JR~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: