Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MAL MICHAEL IS A DISGRACE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 8:12 am
Post subject: MAL MICHAEL IS A DISGRACEReply with quote

I was appalled to see Mal Michael putting down the Collingwood Football Club in the Herald Sun this morning.

1. He should stop and think if he in fact contributed to this drinking culture himself ?? Was he ever guilty of drinking straight after the game ??

2. He makes out like everything is different in Brisbane. Yet rumour has it Mal was out drinking prior to the Collingwood v Brisbane game this year. Brisbane also is home to Martin Pike and has enjoyed the likes of Heuskes.

We helped make Mal Michael the player he is today. We were the club that gave Mal a chance when he was only a rookie on our rookie list.

Just remember Mal not to forget the people on your way up as you will be seeing them on your way down. When you bag the club you are bagging your former teammates.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 8:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood like Hollywood? he makes us sound like st.kilda!!

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:22 am

Forget about Mal, he is a WANKER!!

JDF
Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:38 am

Don't forget, this is the bloke who we picked up on our Rookie list, and gave him a shot when no-one else would, then he threatened to leave if we didn't put him on our senior list.

We put him on the senior list, then a couple of years later, after we did the right thing by this suck, he up and leaves, citing money as the reason. I hope he does a knee and misses the finals action. He is nothing but a self-important arsehole.

Isn't it intersesting that as soon as these tools leave Collingwood, they bag the club and supporters. Mainly because as supporters we are passionate about our club. It sometimes is more than just a football club, it is life.

He goes to Brisbane, and they are up when they are winning, but lets see how they go when they start losing. Lets see if "Money Mal" is as critical about the pies then.

Pies R Us

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:22 am

When Mal first left us he said he couldn't believe the quality of players at Brisbane. He said at Collingwood, "we just had no depth". He is a turn-coat of the highest order and I can't believe someone with his humble upbringing can be so ruthless. I hope his back fractures flare up again and we never here of this toss again.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:44 am

Yeah Pies Rock, I heard that too.
I was always worried that he would be plagued with back injuries at Collingwood - Now I hope he will be.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:57 am

Mal shoiuld probaly keep his mouth shut and AI like you all hate seeing bad thing said and written about Collingwood.
However the CFC has a history of unravveling itself. There is a history of the type of culture he is talking about and it is wrong to simply dismiss it. I don't think there is cut=rrently a problem but there definately has been. Look at some of the delistings in the 90's - starting with Houlihan & co and ending with Hotton & James. Look at the tradgety (some would say inevitable) of Darren Millane.
Hopefully we have learned and come a long way. But we should not forget!

MBaaaah 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 4:32 am

I know nobody likes to hear anyone bagging Chris Tarrant, but on the subject of Mal, he and him are absolute best mates and I'm sorry to say, Chrissy shares the same arrogant attitude. I'm sure Chrissy would have looked elsewhere too if Collingwood hadn't agreed to pay him what they are. Which by the way makes him the second highest payed player at the club. Above Burnsy which is an absolute disgrace. I'm not interested in being abused for my distaste for Chrissy Tarrant, like last time. It is merely my opinion.

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 7:17 am

Does anyone remember Mal's performance at the 'Last Game at Vic Park' after-match function? The players were introduced and came to stage one-by-one, with their heads hung low in total embarrassment at their onfield performance. You could feel their shame and humiliation. Then out comes Mal; all smiles, waving his hands in the air and with no concept of the supporters/players sadness. That is when I lost ALL respect for him. Nothing he did surpirised me after that. This self-absorbed attitude makes me sick.

ps; MBaaaah, surely ou have to be joking about Tarrant being the second highest paid player at the club. Tarrant is very good and will probably be great, but not at this stage. Not second best. If that is the case I am amazed more players haven't walked out.

The wait is almost over.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 9:45 am

i liked mal michael..he worked hard to get where he is 2day..and he was good for collingwood...we got molloy..so i dont see why any1 would be upset abt the trade

pure magic...
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 9:54 am

Mal Michael got Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He saw more room in the Salary cap with Brown and Bagger retiring and good old Mal thought he would raise his asking price even though he wasnt worth that much.

He could have left with dignity but he had to throw in the comment about final footy and now talks about our drinking culture.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MarkT 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 6:17 am

Whist most of the comments about Mal are probably correct I agree with Loenin.
In any case, he is a professional footballer and makes his living out of playing the game. He would not be so greedy if he changed jobs as a builder or a doctor for more money would he? Would we not say he is entitled to go for what is offered?
I would anyway.
If not, then what do we think of OBree?
It works both ways.
I hope it works our way over this trading season and we can throw some $$$ at a decent ruckman. I really hope the is a greedy bastard out there who will take our cash and win us a flag.

I agree that we want good characters who want to play for the jumper but we have to be realistic and understand that no player will play for free. If we offer more we wiull get their loyalty.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:15 am

MarkT said,

"If we offer more, we will get their loyalty."

Hmmmmmm ...
Is it my imagination or does that sound like a paradox?

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: