Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

player report cards for 2001

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:32 am
Post subject: player report cards for 2001Reply with quote

Being from WA I have no idea how the willy boys have gone so cant comment on their future,but the fact that some of them didnt get a senior run must mean MM doesnt want them or they are not ready.

Josh.....The kid is all class,may not be our ruck solution,but is an integral part of the future

Bucks.....Had a torrid second half of the season,double tagged most times and scragged mercilessly,but as some say he had his worst game on saturday,he still got 27 touches.Put bluntly the guy is a champion.

Tarrant....Showed he has the talent to be a gun forward,but as the season went on he struggled the 2 man tagging he had to endure,but had the presence of mind to run up the field and create for others,played a minor role in the second half but his future looks good.

Obree....again was a match winner early but struggled for game time in the latter part of the year,dont know if MM thought he was buggered or he just ran out of form,hes a must for next year.

Wakelin....Some good,some bad about his season,he is a bit slow at times and other times looks quick.MM had better find the key to his psyche so he puts in each week.Should be retained for next year.

Presti.....an enigma,shows he can play but MM leaves him on the pine due his lack of a match up in MMs eyes,i would keep him but MM may trade him.

Clement......A great pick up,this guy has improved all year and is a good tagger and can create a goal..must keep him

Holland.....a typical ball magnet and goal sneak had a good year and will stay on.

Nick Davis....injury riddled season,but what we saw was all class...future captain and must stay.

Leon Davis.....his second half when given more game time showed his ability to create something from nothing,2nd and 3rd efforts at every contest...has an exciting future

Molloy.....The D9 even tho he misses a lot of shots at goal,his sheer desperation rubs off on all the players and its his 1%ers that make him so valuable....probably our best recruit.

Steinfort....Had a few good games and a few down games,at his best is a great spoiler and sets up play well,should stay.

Rintoul....injury robbed us of seeing what he has,but what we saw was enough to say a full season of this bloke will be a big plus.

Licuria....much maligned as turnover merchant but he really was the standout backman for the year,good mark,plenty of run and is a ball magnet,brush up on disposal over summer and he must stay.

Lonie.....started the season well,is young,has poise and talent,struggled a bit in second half of season,can only get better next year,future is bright.

Burns....nopoint in trading him,his last 2 weeks showed what value he is,just pray he has an injury free season next year.

Anthony Rocca......has a lot of talent but struggles with fitness levels needed to be a great player,his good games are usually followed by a bad one,but he is a must for next year.

Scotland....MM will have the last word on this talented young mans future at the club,we all know he can play,but MM may not want him it seems.

Richo....No point trading him,he has a role to fill in the back half when fit,but his future depends on who we draft.

Freeborn......Has the ability to play a part in our future,is the only premiership player on our list and should get at least one more season.

Kinnear....his last 3 weeks have proved he can play at this level,see how he does the pre season ,it will decide his future,but should be kept.

Now the disappointments were Betheras,Johnson,Shaw,Ukovic,Dimma although probably the best of the 5 is still on thin ice.

And the grand poobah of disappointments was McKee who proved beyond doubt hes not a ruckmans shoelace.

If we cant recruit another of lanes ilk then he will probably get one more year.

Maybe i have missed some but the 6 above mentioned plus wasley will probably get the pink slip.

I would swap an early draft pick for a ruckman,but not for anyone else.

We have the nucleus of a top 8 side.

MM..........it worries me that if we had made the 8,the players were buggered anyway and we may have gone straight out.He has to not spend all the petrol money before the season ends,more use of interchange and resting players mid year is the way to go.Like i have said before he is a better mid week coach than a game coach.

bring on the cricket im all footied out.

B.MAN 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

actually freeborn isnt the only premiership player on our list,dont forget rintoul is also a premiership plyer,i think kinnears last few weeks were really good marking and getting plenty of positions

magpie_baz 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:49 am

I wouldn't call johnson a dissapointment, he was hardly given a go, on and off the bench most of the time. While he was on he did some good things. This guys gonna be a champ. His a hard at it player that doesnt back awaay. They wouldn't give him th no.26 for nothing if they didnt think highly of him esp the season right after rowdy's retirement.
He reminds me of a j.johnson of essendon (in the all aust)

GO PIES 2002

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:42 am

Finally someone gives him a bit of recognition, why hasn't he been in the team lately anyway? before his suspension he was going well and playing consistantly..So why wasn't he played??

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Johno-#26*`~-_
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 12:26 pm

cos he played a crap game for willy

~BANGER JR~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: