Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

END OF SEASON TOP 10

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:06 am
Post subject: END OF SEASON TOP 10Reply with quote

As our season has finished i thought it appropriate to come up with our current Top 10 which is a blend of performance this year, importance to the side and their future ahead. Heres my list :

1. Nathan Buckley (Still maintains this position). Has started to receive more support from other players eg Nick Davis and Obree

2. Nick Davis - The more i see of him the more my estimation of him grows. This guy is pure class and next year could be ready to explode.

3. Shane O'Bree - Still the tough nut in our midfield and hopefully will run out a full year next year.

4. Josh Fraser - Very important but hopefully can develop as a ruckman.

5. Sir Scott Burns - Whenever he plays well the Magpies are generally firing. A fit Scott Burns could give us the lift next year we require to get in the top 8

6. Anthony Rocca - Great Pack Marker and had a great year and is very important to our team due to his versatility.

7. Chris Tarrant - Perhaps could have been higher but has drifted off a bit and still needs more discipline. Will he reach his full potantial ??

8. Tarkyn Lockyer - Fantastic player who gives his all. Exceptional skills and a pleasure to watch and will hopefully be rewarded with a leadership role at the club.

9. Leon Davis - Next year should be Leons year. Has been brought on slowly by Mich. Probably has the most improvement left in him out of all our senior players.

10. Jarrod Molloy - Had a adequate first year at the club. Added some toughness and confidence to the team. However i believe could be better value at CHB and provide more stability there.

I realise there are other players who i left out who deserve to be there but this is only my opinion.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 2:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't argue too much there.
Perhaps Molloy could be higher for what he has added to the side but hgis kicking lets him down and he drops too many overhead marks. I love the grunt he has giuven us though.
As far as this year goes, Scott Burns was a non event. He is a vital ingrediant in our side and was sorely missed but he couldn't rate in the top 10 this last year.

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 6:44 am

Hard to disagree JLC, I would have Clement in there somewhere though, he can play almost anywhere and does a great job every week. Cannot believe that he could not get a game at Freo, shows what a dud Drum is. Glad he went there instead of Collingwood, we would be completely rogered if he had been coaching us.

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:16 am

1. Nick Davis.. no one jump down my throat because seeing as this is only based on current standings, I would put Nick above Bucks, overall, Bucks is without a doubt one of our best players but Nicky D. has been consistant, skillful and reliable for weeks running. His silky skills and goalkicking ability put him top at the moment.. (im sure suzie will be pleased i wrote this)

2. Nathan Buckley- Lets face it, the guy never lets us down, but of late, he hasn't been himself, the posessions are still there but his confidence seems to be down.. and is it just me or is there a hint of some sort of injury?? He just hasn't been as outstanding as in previous years- which could easily be put down to the fact that the younger guys are making a bigger impact than before.

3. Josh Fraser - Considering his age I'd rate Josh in the top three, people seem to forget how young this guy is and he's been faced with a massive role, and in my view he takes this on with courage and puts his all into every gam. Josh's weight seems to be a bit of a problem, it looks to me that far too often in body to body contact he is pushed from the ball by his opponent, but with time this will change and he'll hopefully develop into a top ruckman, give him time and this guy will be brownlow material

4. Tarkyn Lockyer - Considering he hasn't been playing of late i'll go by his form from before his head injury. Tarks is a little tough nut, always goes hard at the ball, his speed and kicking skills are a big part of his game and some of the marks i've seen him take are remarkable for a little guy, if any of these rumours of him wanting to go back to the west are true i'll be shattered, he seems to love the pies and i can't see him wanting to leave.. (please no, hehe) Looks to be a future leader down at the club..

5. Anthony Rocca - No matter what anyone says this guy is extremely important to the club, although he cops a lot of slack from other clubs supporters (and our own for that matter)for his fitness he's an important part in our forward line and when he's playing consistantly.. which he has been doing lately, is a great assett, his marking and huge goal kicking ability outweigh his lack of speed and his size is intimidating to opponents.

6. Chris Tarrant - Mid-season I would have put Chris probably 2nd or 3rd but ever since he took that "mark of the year" he seems to be trying too hard to take electrifying marks than focusing on the more basic parts of his game. At full potential he will be a star.

7. Shane Obree- The guy started off the year hard off the blocks but towards the end lost his spark, he's gonna be a star midfielder and should poll high in the copeland. He proves to be an assett each week with his high posession grabs and takes a lot of the pressure off of Bucks.

8. Jarrod Molloy - I had my doubts about him at the start of the year but he's definately proved himself.. His physical presence in itself is intimidating to oposing teams and the work he does off the ball is really important. Always hard at the ball and tough til the end.

9. Paul Licuria- no one laugh.. last year i wouldn't have this guy anywhere near the top ten but his disposal skills have improved and turnover no longer seems to be part of his vocabulary. His hard work this year to get his form back up there was enough to put him somewhere in the current top ten.

10. Scotty Burns- Although he hasn't had the best run due to injury, i still feel Burnsy should be in here somewhere, so i'll put him equal tenth. The guys a champion, all heart.
James Clement- I'd put Jimmy in here because he's solid as a rock, i love the way edges up under his oponent and then drops away to mark without any real arial contact. He's a quiet achiever but he's fit himself nicely into the team.

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Johno-#26*`~-_
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 3:43 pm

Yeah your top 10 looks ok as well Jess. The reason i placed Sir Scott Burns so high is that he is a leader around the club and is clearly one of our most inspirational and important players. SSB may be the tough nut midfielder we have been lacking to help Obree.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 3:30 am

Scotty Burns IS the tough midfielder we lacked this. He is also the tough back bocket we need this year. He is also the dangerous forward option from the back half every club needs to keep the opposition forwards honest. AND he is also the leader commanding ALL the players respect.
All in all he is THE player to make a difference next year.

Nick Davis is a gun and will only get better. I'm not convinced he is leadership material but I am convinced he will play a big part in winning a lot of games of footy for the pies in the next 10 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: