Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Top 3 moments of the magpies season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:48 am
Post subject: Top 3 moments of the magpies seasonReply with quote

OK since the year is over heres my top 3 moments

1. Beating Adelaide by 2 points...unbelievable scenes when the siren went, the most emotional scenes ive seen since 1990. And to do it that far into enemy territory was sensational, especially to make the scumbags THINK they could beat us..LOL it was PURE GOLD all the way.

2. Beating Port Adelaide in S.A. The game itself was great, but when the players sang the song with us, it was clearly the second best moment of the year.

3. Beating Carlton (this is for obvious reasons, we beat the FILTH as Joffa would say)

So two of the best interstate trips ive ever had, i wont forget them in a hurry. What about everone else??

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 10:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you SS11 although I wasn't at the interstate games.
The Port Adelaide game I was crying when I saw Eddie singing with the cheersquad, I would have given anything to be there.
The Adelaide game I was jumping round the lounge room listening to the radio screaming GO SIREN, GO SIREN! - then went hysterical when it did.
The Carlton game was one of the best days of my life - after the siren I was hugging complete strangers and the after match function was brilliant - singing the song with Eddie and the players.
But that's just my opinion (I get a bit carried away sometimes}

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 10:50 am

The top moment was definitely beating Adelaide. The atmosphere during the whole game was great - it was like being part of a family, where you either know everyone or you just talk to people you don't even know. Everyone was very friendly, except of course for the Adelaide whingers - but that was great too, because we got to rub their noses in it when we won (and didn't they shut up then, after whinging thru the whole game "Buckley you're a wanker, leaving the real Magpies for this rabble", "Buckley you're shit" - well he sure showed them, by winning the game for us). I'm definitely planning another interstate trip next year (BTW anyone know when 2002 fixture is released???).

I enjoyed beating Carlton too, but we should have won by a lot more, so I wasn't as excited at the end of the game as I had been until 3 quarter time.

Unfortunately I wasn't in Adelaide for the game against Port - but it was even great watching it at a pub in North Melbourne. When we won (shit I think I almost had a heart attack, cos it got so close), fellow Pies supporters (who I'd never met before) bought me a couple of rounds of Cocksucking Cowboys (yummmmmy)! Well, that was certainly a good night!

I also enjoyed the games against Footscray - electrifying stuff, kicking all those goals so quickly!; West Coast - great to beat them convincingly seeing as they'd had the wood over us in recent times; and Melbourne - highlight being Chrissy's brilliant mark.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:05 am

1, beating St Kilda from 6 goals down...Buckley magnificant

2, the melbourne game, hate those pussies, and tarrant and neons marks were fantastic....

3, canberra game too...yeah was there, and thought it great...

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:06 pm

my top 3 highlights of the season as follows.

1. Beating Carlton
2. Beating Carlton
3. Beating Carlton

Fradam Wrote This
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:11 pm

i'm spewing i didn't make it to the adelaide games, but just watching the port game on tv gave me a heart attack! that was bloody crazy.
anyway my 3 highlights are:
3. the third quarter vs. the bulldogs. actually the first time i sat with the cheer squad; it was unbelieveable. people were going bananas all around me.
2. the comeback against the saints. i thought we were gone at half time.
1. winning the carlton match. i was jumping all over the place after that one.

some honourable mentions:
neon's goal vs. the bulldogs
tazza's mark (though i didn't really see it properly live)
the eagles game (it was a party!)
raymond's turd on the canberra bus.

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:26 pm

1. Josh Fraser's intercept and goal to seal the match against Port.

2. The win against the Crows.

3. Tazza's mark.

Whatta we want? Rohan for president!
When do we want it? NOW!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 1:04 am

1...Anthony rocca showing the melbourne turd the footy in the opening minutes of the melbourne game, i got off big time on that one.

2....The incredible scenes in the cheer squad when the final siren went after we beat adelaide at moron park.

3....Leon davis when he came up to the fence waving his finger at cheer squad after kicking a goal...what a beauty.

4...When the boys came down(goal square) to sing the song after we beat port adelaide at moron park.

5....The first essendon game at the MCG i was really proud that day.

6...Yeah foxy i gotta agree the 10 goal 3rd quarter at colonial against the dogs..sensational.

7....Nathan buckley's last quarter against the blues when we beat them at the MCG if anyone ever calls bucks a whimp or a reciever tell them they are talking through there arses.

8...Watching molly run through all the bastards has been a great highlite all year..your a star jarrod.

9...The tarrant mark of the year'a pack and crash mark'wow excitement at its best..how in the hell did the midget get awarded mark of the year he would of been a whole 12inches of the ground.

10..Raymond the stink bomb..LOL the yarra never smelt better on a hot 40 degrees summer day.

11...The gold wig...LOL

12...Having mike and nick with us.
DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 05 September 2001).]

Macca19 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:07 am

1. Beating Adelaide by 2 points...unbelievable scenes when the siren went, the most emotional scenes ive seen since 1990. And to do it that far into enemy territory was sensational, especially to make the scumbags THINK they could beat us..LOL it was PURE GOLD all the way. 

One of the best games ive gone to. Was a pleasure to sit with the cheersquad and the celebrations after the victory were just unbelivable. Only downside was the huge headache i had after all the yelling and screaming and chanting!

See you all next year Scotty, Jess, Joffa & co

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 4:42 pm

Good on ya macca we will have to catch up next year mate.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 5:18 am

For me, there were just too many positives and highlights from this year to include in a top 3, or even top 10 list. Sure, the pies didn’t make the finals, but in all honesty, many of us would have taken 11 wins at the start of the year. It’s been a 7-year finals drought, but you can see that the seeds planted in 1999 is gradually being harvested as evidenced by the vast improvement this year. As a group, I thought that Collingwood have matured immensely, producing, at its very best, some breathtaking footy. It is still a relatively young team who have taken an almighty battering from stronger, more mature opponents. This was especially visible in the second half of the season, which saw the fadeout in form of a few players as well as a few floggings. But young bodies will become stronger, and with a solid pre-season in 2002, these fadeouts will become less frequent.

One of the best things to come out of this season has been improved leadership at the club. Many talk of the fantastic recruiting, but this is nothing without good onfield leadership to bind the team. To this end, I hold Nathan Buckley in the highest esteem. This is a player who has been continually snubbed by the umpires for the Brownlow, yet continues to amaze us all with his ability to extract every ounce of effort out of himself, and to instil this work ethic into his teammates. His leadership has improved out of sight. Bucks was always a consummate professional, but leadership qualities are innate and this year, he has shown to be every bit the generalissimo of the team. However, this is a team that has shown that it doesn’t rely on just one player. Other leaders have emerged, like Josh Fraser, Anthony Rocca, and Tarkyn Lockyer. Despite their age, they don’t shirk the responsibilities of leadership, and this was most evident in the games where Buckley was absent. The team is also mentally tougher. Just as the fighting premiership side of 1990 shrugged off the colli-wobbles, so too did the team of 2001 throw off the june hoodoo or the no buckley, no Collingwood tag.

The messiah, mick malthouse, has been a godsend. there is absolutely no doubt that the man is a master. Often, people question why he doesn’t make many onfield changes, particularly when the team is being beaten. It’s because he has the best game plan in the business, as proven by two premierships, and if the team adheres to the game plan, more often than not, they will beat the opposition. This may in time become predictable, but if the team becomes so skilled and confident, this will not become a factor. They may know what we are going to do, but they still have to stop it. The team this year has shown that they are at least up to this task, the next step is to become so good at it that they become unstoppable.

Promises have been made in the past, which often has ended in heartbreak and disappointment. I strongly believe that this current wave is different. As Joffa said before the Kangaroos match in Canberra, “this is the beginning”. We have taken crap from opposition supporters for far too long. They have baited us, taunted us and derided us. They enjoy seeing Collingwood down, because they fear, in their deepest insecure moments, the return of a successful magpies outfit, and what this would mean for them. Well, this is just around the corner, and mark my words, all of their derision will be returned with interest by the Magpie Army the day we lift that glorious Premiership Cup aloft. Then will the black and white brethren rejoice, for it will be ever so sweet.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 06 September 2001).]
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 6:08 am

I can see mathematics isn't your strong point, Joffa.

For me, the first two are easy:

1. The players and Eddie coming over and singing the song with the Cheer Squad after beating Port.

2. The heart-stopping win over Carlton ... and the celebrations that followed.

For my third choice, there are a number of candidates. The win over Melbourne was hilarious. Just one of those days when nothing went wrong. Both wins over the Bulldogs were immensely enjoyable. West Coast was a fun night. Especially after all the times they've beaten us in recent years. Unfortunately I wasn't there for the win over the Crows, but it felt bloody beautiful back home.

Shit, I've just mentioned 7 games ... I think my maths is nearly as bad as Joffa's.

**floreat pica**

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 8:10 am

1. Beating Carlton - any win over the Blues is a great day!

2. Even though I wasn't there, beating Adelaide by 2 points in S.A. was amazing!

3. Watching Jarrod Molloy knock his opponents out of the way during the season! Awesome stuff!

And as a couple of extra highlights, I'd have to say Tazza's mark of the year (it should have been his!) and Jarrod's mark that wasn't a mark (damn umpires)! And then there's been some pretty cool goals from the Davis boys too.

Here's to a highlight packed 2002 Season!

GO PIES!

Marg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: