Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Foxtel Digital

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:52 pm
Post subject: Foxtel DigitalReply with quote

Hey all, got my digital version of Foxtel connected yesterday. Tried out the new camera angles and audio features on the tragic NRL. Must say all that it is not cracked up to be. Then again maybe it was the subject, cos NRL isn't either.

Can't wait to try them out on our game, have a feeling it will be heaps better.

PS (hope this is in the right forum)
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ah lucky we were supposed to have ours connected on last friday (the 19th) but they rang us up a few days before telling us that they are on strike and they couldnt do us !! ahhhhhhhh
freddie foxx 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:01 pm

im starting to get a little sick of this, when the hell am i going to get my digi-box. By the way, every time you use the camera, stat etc options on footy games, every time it is the cost of a phonecall.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:09 pm

we were called and told they can't install us and we will have to contact telstra to arrange an install. Don't know how long it will be now.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:18 pm

freddie foxx wrote:
im starting to get a little sick of this, when the hell am i going to get my digi-box. By the way, every time you use the camera, stat etc options on footy games, every time it is the cost of a phonecall.

Incorrect. It does not cost a phone call each time you call that up. The phone line connection is simply so Foxtel can charge you for Main Event, and Foxtel Box Office when you order them.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:20 pm

punkologist wrote:
we were called and told they can't install us and we will have to contact telstra to arrange an install. Don't know how long it will be now.

I'm guessing you have Foxtel through Telstra then, that is probaby why. Anyone that orders Foxtel via Telstra, must ring Telstra as far as I know, to get a connection.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:53 pm

we rang up and the nobs cant install it til fkn september! wat wankers, u'd think they would get more ppl 2 install them!

then again, if youre a NEW customer they can conveniently fit u in, in like 2 weeks Rolling Eyes
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:10 pm

probly because they dont want to lose new customers, but they probably think that old customers wont go anywhere even if they treat them like shit by making them wait 6 months.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:59 am

CQ, it is partly Foxtel's fault, and partly the installers fault. The installers all went of strike, and will continue to do so until they get a pay rise. Also, Foxtel didn't realise how many people would sign up, so they were caught a little unprepared.

We were supposed to get Digital last Thursday, but they rand and cancelled it, and said we probably won't be able to get it done until May. Even to get on the list in March, you had to ring up or register you interest very early, ie. when they first gave you the opportunity to do that on their website. We did that, and they gave us a date during March (when they rang us in Feb), but like I said, they stuffed that up, and we have to wait another two months.

Having said that, I've heard that if they cancel you're first date, then they are giving people a free installation.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:09 pm

Is it worth getting? From what I have been told, you get some extra channels, I don't know if Tasmanians get Foxtel Digital, but I have been told we have Austar Digital down here.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:39 pm

i wana get it for the box office lol.

neway joel, its like wat bec said, they treat their existing customers shit just so they can be greedy and all the NEW customers get theirs installed BEFORE WE DO.

if the tossers did it fairly then they would just put everyone in lthe same waiting line as they ring up, new or not.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:35 pm

CQ, I haven't heard of anyone (new customers) getting it installed before existing customers. In fact, as far as I know, I believe it is Foxtel's policy to get their existing customers moved over first.

Dave, yeah, you can sign up to Austar Digital, but Austar won't have all the Foxtel features just yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: