Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies Vs Kangas ...............for non-game attendees!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:28 pm
Post subject: Pies Vs Kangas ...............for non-game attendees!Reply with quote

This week is our last game for the year.
To all those people who cannot attend the Canberra venue may I ask that you drop into the chat room on this board.
We have a good time listening to the match and sometimes keeping our overseas family updated with the action.
If the game is televised live and you don't have a TV near your computer then do what I do...get yourself a really long co-axial cable (can be purchased from your local Dick Smith/Tandy or a television antenna place will make one up to your specs) drag the TV to your 'puter and join in the fun!

Alcohol is allowed but if your drunk we will refuse to serve you anymore.

Hope to see you in the room this week, let's make it a big one! ! !

-Craig

P.S. This means you to London Dave.

FAITH

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the scorebaord chat for the first time this season...unless my friends ruin my plans which is always possible. Look forward to seeing ya's all

Fradam Wrote This
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 3:10 pm

Sorry I missed this week folks, but i was stuck on a yacht in the Solent. I thought I could make it to a computer but never quite did. Still, I've 'attended' games from Berlin and Ecuador this year, which aint too bad (and both were wins too, perhaps I should leave London for a better result!). Have to be in Paris next thurs to Sat, and have a train to catch to London so I can make my Saturday afternoon cricket game. I'm sure I can hit an internet cafe near Gare du Nord to catch at least the first half. Is the game Saturday or Sunday. I must check, cos I think this is a waste of a post.

and Joffa, hope you got my message, and remember to turn your phone on this week mate!!!!!!!!!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:34 pm

LD, that was the most pitiful excuse for missing a Pies game I've ever heard! Sailing on a yacht in the solent! HA!
As you will be in Paris this week I expect you to do the decent thing and post a picture of yourself in front of the Eiffel tower in any form Of Collingwood colours you wish to wear (preferably a Jumper!)
Failing that a pic of you kicking a footy over said tower (a la Billy Brownless)will suffice.
Failure to do so will mean that the drinks are on you match day!

-Craig

FAITH

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 11:03 pm

So its a Sunday game, and this means I'll be in London, up at 5am nursing a hangover from an excess of Victory Lager after a successful day of cricket Saturday. Don't know about the postcard shots for you BW, and I'd need a howitzer to get a footy over the Eiffel Tower, although climbing the aforementioned tower twenty odd years ago, I noticed a rather intelligent piece of grafitti (a word I always spell wrong so don't correct me) on the iron work. It said 'Collingwood for Premiers'. I'll have to see if it's stil there, or maybe replace it!

Hope everyone can make it in for a quick visit at least, especially our other European bureau chiefs, Haiku Bob from the Netherlands and Mossi the Magpie in Italy.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:19 pm

Looks like it's out with the long coaxial cable. Prime TV victoria is telecasting the game live!
Let's hope the ABC is broadcasting on radio so we don't have to listen to the ch. 7 idiots or their ads. The same goes for Rex.

-Craig

FAITH

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 4:14 am

I'll try and get there. See what happens..I might just drop in, I'm supposed to be having a Father's Day lunch, so if I have the time I'll drop past.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: