Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Canberra game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:09 am
Post subject: Canberra gameReply with quote

If anyone from this forum would like to meet some of the Canberra magpies be at the Kingston hotel from about 11:30 on Sunday. The pub is close to the ground (about 5 minutes walk). It would be good to meet as many people as possible. I'm 6'0, slim build with short hair, middle aged with a bent nose.

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add that it has been really bloody cold here the last few weeks, snow down to about 800M. The Sunday forecast is a high of 11 with showers. Bring warm clothing, gloves etc.

Melsa5 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:48 am

Thanks George for the tip. Is there a no umbrella rule at Manuka Oval??? Man I am going to have to get that snow gear happening! Maybe we could all dress like michelain men...it would make funny telly!

Is there any lunches happening George or are you just staying at the pub until the game?

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 10:02 am

George hi im joffa
I will be easy to see i may have the gold wig on so please say hello...i have sent you a private message with my mobile number please ring any time sunday and we will have a drink

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 2:47 am

There is a no umbrella policy at the ground so bring one of those plastic rain coats. There is lunch available at the pub from 12:00, you can buy and cook a steak if you are a meat eater. Joffa I will ring you when I get to the pub so we can all say hello. I'm very much looking forward to meeting many of you on Sunday. This game is my daughter Stephanie's (16) first AFL game. See has become interested this year and has become a fanatical Collingwood supporter (inherited from the father), so this game is special for me. Hope we clean this mob right up, send them home with their tail between their legs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: