Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

selkevh wrote:
Saw this on another site. No source though and may be incorrect so take it with a grain of salt:

Ok ok ok news just in
Stephenson was in a betting syndicate with friends & someone placed this bet on his behalf. So with that fact he approached the AFL with this info. Should result in a fine however the Club’s new stance on sports gambling I think they may just chuck him a week.

If this is true, the Club's stance on sports gambling will have nothing to do with it. Many of the players would have some kind of punt on something, wouldn't want it to become the Damocles sword that our TAC sponsorship became, which led us to ditch it. We are getting nothing from the betting agencies so it's not an issue. In fact, this may turn into an absolute nothing [IF that explanation is true] which really would lead people to believe that this was an AFL smokescreen to take the heat off the supporter angst.

Last edited by Cam on Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
selkevh wrote:
Saw this on another site. No source though and may be incorrect so take it with a grain of salt:

Ok ok ok news just in
Stephenson was in a betting syndicate with friends & someone placed this bet on his behalf. So with that fact he approached the AFL with this info. Should result in a fine however the Club’s new stance on sports gambling I think they may just chuck him a week.

This actually seems the most logical explanation.

More likely the most desired & optimistic of explanations...

K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:08 am

4everpies wrote:
The Age is reporting it was a bet on a Collingwood game. Not on the result, but on how many possesions a pies player would get. ( as per the original post).
They also say he self reported. (also in the original post)
Unfortunately the article predicts a lengthy suspension.

The link:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/stephenson-set-to-be-suspended-for-bet-on-pies-game-20190618-p51yup.html
(update 5.34pm)

"Collingwood and the AFL are understood to have prepared statements on Stephenson which may be timed with an announcement of his suspension."
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:09 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Skids wrote:
I haven't read any previous posts.
Haven't heard the latest.

The only time a player should be scrutinesed (how the fck do u spell it) for placing a bet, is if, it's on an opposition player or team they are playing against.

Punting is fun, the TV stations broadcast a Sportsbet ad at every opportunity during a game. Of course, there's people with gambling issues, but a bloke in a betting syndicate, doing something perfectly legal, coming under this sort of scrutiny, is ^&$�%^$%& ridiculous!!

Shouldn't bet at all on any game they can influence. He bets Pendles get the most possessions and then gifts Pendles a number of cheap possessions.

That's not on.

Probably going to cost Stepho the rest of 2019. It was a bad decision, but not as bad as drugs, so I guess that's something.

I agree with this analysis.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:12 am

Cam wrote:
selkevh wrote:

Ok ok ok news just in

If this is true, the Club's stance on sports gambling will have nothing to do with it. Many of the players would have some kind of punt on something, wouldn't want it to become the Damocles sword that our TAC sponsorship become, which led us to ditch it. We are getting nothing from the betting agencies so it's not an issue. In fact, this may turn into an absolute nothing [IF that explanation is true] which really would lead people to believe that this was an AFL smokescreen to take the heat off the supporter angst.

if this is true, he should get off completely. Presidents are allowed to put their shares into a blind pool trust where they dont control investment decisions. If Stevo just provided funds and didnt know of the bet as he was playing, how could he have known to influence the outcome. Of course if he knew of the best, then its an issue.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:39 am

Storm in a bleedin teacup, aint it ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:31 am

Stephenson you idiot really after all the education you receive on these things you put yourself in a situation like this !!
Is anyone else suspicious of the timing of this hitting the news cycle ?
AFL under fire for the overbearing manner security guards treat supporters and having the media calling for there heads and bang a Collingwood player gives them something else to focus on
Gill says we're sorry we will fix it nothing to see now
Media nods ok ok
If anyone watched AFL360 last night Robbo went out of his way to get Lewis and Roughhead to say how dumb Stephenson was and hint at super long suspension trying not sound completely bias and wanting Collingwood hit hard
Comments like "is this as bad as it gets in football" and "surely the AFL must make a clear statement now on this for all players"
Wait for it folks we will want to give the kid a couple weeks the AFL are going to come out and make this a hanging offence

I'm guessing but a punishment starting at the Shaw level (14 weeks) or more will be given with none of it suspended and the AFL saying things like the look of it is bad for the game and players haven't learnt from our education process so maybe this will make them think twice next time
My gut says his goose is cooked for 2019 and a big chunk of 2020 as well
I hope I'm wrong but this stinks a deflection away from the security issue and onto something else easily managed by the AFL for them to come out and look to be strong in the public eyes
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:04 am

Skids wrote:
I haven't read any previous posts.
Haven't heard the latest.

The only time a player should be scrutinesed (how the fck do u spell it) for placing a bet, is if, it's on an opposition player or team they are playing against.

Punting is fun, the TV stations broadcast a Sportsbet ad at every opportunity during a game. Of course, there's people with gambling issues, but a bloke in a betting syndicate, doing something perfectly legal, coming under this sort of scrutiny, is ^&$�%^$%& ridiculous!!
Agree
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:13 am

This has had a lengthy discussion by Nicksters

Now it’s up to an authoritative body to talk to Jayden and anyone who stands with him

Whilst I don’t want a poor outcome I certainly don’t want it to drag on

We are not as yet privy to the full and correct story and let correct judgement
be the outcome

eureka 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:14 am

If stevo is suspended I’ll kill my self
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 am

Just had a look at AFL site and it states that Jayden will know his fate as early as Wednesday

Will wait and see

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 am

eureka wrote:

Please seek help, however young/old you are. Now.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 am

eureka wrote:

What..?!? Why!?! Mate you really need to seek counseling if you're thinking and feeling like that.

Statements like that are not funny, they are disturbing. Suicide and depression is no laughing matter. Seriously, get some help. Speak to your GP, lifeline, head space, beyond blue. There's plenty of help out there for you.

The game affects us all in different ways but at the end of it all, it is just a game and life goes on.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:16 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
eureka wrote:

What..?!? Why!?! Mate you really need to seek counseling if you're thinking and feeling like that.

Statements like that are not funny, they are disturbing. Suicide and depression is no laughing matter. Seriously, get some help. Speak to your GP, lifeline, head space, beyond blue. There's plenty of help out there for you.

The game affects us all in different ways but at the end of it all, it is just a game and life goes on.
Rolling Eyes
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:12 am

He will cop a lengthy suspension
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 20 of 128   

Jump to: