Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Its not all gloom! after the darkness comes the light.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 2:43 pm
Post subject: Its not all gloom! after the darkness comes the light.Reply with quote

Well I had such a shitty day at work on saturday listening to the game on the tranny and my assistant was a carlton lover(does anyone love them?)At 3/4 time i hurled the tranny into my crib box and refused to submit myself to the final qtr,
The smug mug pulled his own tranny out of his crib box and i was left no choice but to sit and endure one of the worst days of the year.
I could not enjoy what is usually a pretty good shift,just a dash down to kwinana and back with a load of wheat and listen to the footy while trundling along..
It made up my mind for me,to take the redundancy offer on the table since the govt sold the network.
25 years at a job and it took a carlton thrashing of the pies for me to realise i want to watch them and support more.
Ive woked nearly every weekend in living memory,not any more!!
That performance has affected me to the point that no I longer have the desire to have to be at work every weekend and listen on the radio to the pies when possible.
I want to watch it!!!
no more weekend work,buy foxtel and next year watch every game and attend the ones in perth.
I have seen only 3 games on tv this year,and one live at subi and a few on radio.
I have taped the last 2 games but couldnt bring myself to watch the tape after hearing the results.
Its been a passion of mine for 50 years to follow collingwood.
I dont like to hear people bagging the club,or its people or its culture ,whatever that is in peoples minds.
for me football is black and white.
Lets all get the season in perspective.
We have done better than anyone tipped,not as good as some of us hoped.
Our draw will always make it harder for us than other clubs as long as we keep the current system of playing essendon,carlton and north in the last 3 rounds.
but when we reach the desired level those clubs MUST!! fear that they are disadvantaged and not us.
that is the GOAL.
We are at least 1 ruckman short of being totally competitive at present,that must be addressed immediately.
I dont know why but i feel so drained by last weeks game that this week is a must to regain strength,hopefully the players will feel likewise.
gopies and lets all stand by our men in good and bad times.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That was beautiful ed
well said mate.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:07 am

I agree - all in all, well said.
We will have to play Hawthorn twice also because somehow they did a deal with the AFL to open the season v Collingwood. As for North - I am looking forward to playing them twice from now on.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:23 am

MarkT, the Herald Sun reported that it's almost a done deal that we'll be playing Richmond first round next year. I thought there was some agreement that we were meant to be playing Hawthorn every first round too, but maybe there was a time limit on that (ie. 3 years)

Ed, agree with the sentiments you've expressed - GO PIES in 2002!!! (it'd be lovely to finish off this year with a win though)

[This message has been edited by kristin5 (edited 28 August 2001).]
MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:54 am

Interesting - I hadn't seen the news re Richmond yet. Thanks for the good news Kristin. I love beating the tigers (my best mate is a Richmond supporter and we go every time we play). I would much rather open the season beating Ricmond and end it beating them twice than doing that against an irrelevant Hawthorn (positive thinking!).

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:56 pm

Great stuff Ed.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 5:21 pm

Maybe we should do a deal whereby we play the Western Bulldogs every week.

Either that or play ALL of our matches in Adelaide.

**floreat pica**

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 6:34 am

I wouldn't mind playing the Hawks if it was windy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: