Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Port want their Port Adelaide B&W stripe jumper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You too?
K 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:44 pm

No, I cannot be bought!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Is this still a thing?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
It is only a social media campaign at this stage, nothing official. Basically, they think they should be allowed to wear the prison bar guernsey throughout the 2020 season as it will be the club's 150th anniversary.

Yeah and Majority of those 150 Years was in the SANFL not the VFL/AFL

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:04 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Cam wrote:
Y'know... life's short. Those Port Magpies brought some joy to us in the 80s, with players and well winning flags when we were losing them. I don't care to be honest, as long as it's not against us.

Just as a matter of interest... who else here liked Port... before they entered the AFL. I know I did.

They are still my second team, as I used to follow them in the old SANFL. However, if they think they can sneakily try to impinge on our black and white heritage they can go and get phucked. Cool
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:18 pm

We’ve done this to death everywhere, even on nicks. 1892 - pies wear black and white stripes, 10 years later- 1902 port Adelaide change their jumper from majenta and blue to black and white stripes. Emphasis on the 10 years later.

Meanwhile Port Adelaide POWER who became an entity in their own right, have never worn the black and white stripes as per port Adelaide magpies.

So why now? They might be affiliated with port Adelaide magpies but when they created a team in afl they began a new club- the history in my opinion didn’t carry over- otherwise why not carry over their 36 priemeships to go with the jumper too.

And even if you want to ignore that - again you cannot ignore the simple undisputed fact we wore it first. It’s a frickin trademark!

How do you think we’d go at getting permission to wear Williamstown colours, (blue and yellow). I’ll tell you- It would get squashed before west coast even had time to get pissed about it. Besides which why would we want to- like this - it doesn’t make sense.

That’s my two cents. Which is worth its weight in gold -( bout $85 bucks) talks cheap

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:58 pm

the 80's were before my time, I have no soft-spot for this club I hated Graeme Cornhole & didn't even realize the flog choker coach Mark Williams even played for us. dont get me started on their players, butthead Cornhole brothers, burgoyne brothers, tredrea etc etc. & their fans inbred racists who throw bananas. we have no links to this shit club
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:22 pm

+1 on the last 2 posts (although I was around in the 80's). Well said. Phark the khunts!
E 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:42 pm

not sure why we care. They look nothing like ours and what have we come to if we cant have TRADITION!! Of all the teams in the AFL, Port Adelaide and their fans most closely resemble us. They had to stick it to the entitled over there in Adelaide for over 100 years, and they did a damn bloody good job!

I say let them wear it. Just not against us.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:28 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
the 80's were before my time, I have no soft-spot for this club I hated Graeme Cornhole & didn't even realize the flog choker coach Mark Williams even played for us. dont get me started on their players, butthead Cornhole brothers, burgoyne brothers, tredrea etc etc. & their fans inbred racists who throw bananas. we have no links to this shit club

You didn't know he played for us? He was a champion Collingwood player and a brilliant captain! He still says that his framed Collingwood jumper, is his favourite football memento.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:25 pm

E wrote:
not sure why we care. They look nothing like ours and what have we come to if we cant have TRADITION!! Of all the teams in the AFL, Port Adelaide and their fans most closely resemble us. They had to stick it to the entitled over there in Adelaide for over 100 years, and they did a damn bloody good job!

See I don’t get this- they very much look alike for a start- and if you’re pro on them wearing it, why not against us? In fact by this line of thinking, why don’t we change out of black and white stripes when they play us at their home , we could wear magenta and blue for that game in further support of them too...... because, you know .. “why do we care”.

Well we care because it’s our jumper, it’s our rightful heritage. What we shouldn’t care about is entertaining the idea. The terrain is a slippery one. Best not fall down the slope to start with.

Big fat NO way hosè imo.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 am

September Zeros wrote:
E wrote:

See I don’t get this- they very much look alike for a start- and if you’re pro on them wearing it, why not against us? In fact by this line of thinking, why don’t we change out of black and white stripes when they play us at their home , we could wear magenta and blue for that game in further support of them too...... because, you know .. “why do we care”.

Well we care because it’s our jumper, it’s our rightful heritage. What we shouldn’t care about is entertaining the idea. The terrain is a slippery one. Best not fall down the slope to start with.

Big fat NO way hosè imo.

The only reason i don't want them to wear them against us is because they would clash. Same reason i don't want North in their traditional uniform against us. I think that if there is a good reason to be against something, then its ok, but if its just "because", that's when I have an issue.

regards Jose

PS: I love that you go to the trouble of putting the diacritic on the e and then spell the name wrong.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:48 pm

By doing so you’re actually allowing their tradition to supersede our own tradition, which in my opinion is not In any way a “just because” argument.

Re the P.S. - my pleasure!! I know picking up spelling mistakes is an important fall back for some on nicks - always happy to provide material to those souls who need it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: