Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Best of Three Grand Final

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
by the way, if you are such a great person (and the arbiter of all things fair), why do you have to spend so much time trying to prove it. I smell a rat......

I am in Siam . Either you have an acute sense odf smell unknown to humans or just leave me out of it.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 am

K wrote:
There are claims that the home-ground advantage is largely or almost entirely due to biased umpiring resulting from the home-crowd influence. ... if true, it suggests that the GF is the game that is least likely to offer a home-ground advantage, packed as it is with fake supporters. ... This might also explain part of Collingwood's poor GF performance. If there are 60,000 fake supporters in the crowd, but they know enough about football to barrack against the Pies by default, then we have a hostile crowd in the ratio 80:20 and in effect we are always playing the GF as the away team.

[Okay, I'll follow this up in the "Curses" thread...]

I guess in the "10+1 Possible Causes of the GF Curse" ( http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1875618#1875618 ) this could be included in [5], which could be modified to something like:

[5] There is a curse, and it's due to opposition supporters (and non-supporters), a) from whose ranks umpires mostly come & b) who form the vast majority of the umpire-influencing GF crowd; critical GF umpiring decisions therefore invariably go against the team.
eureka 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:52 pm
Post subject: Best of 3 GF series play offReply with quote

I think this is a great idea to make the GF best of 3 like a play off I feel just having the 1 means a lot has to go right on the day and it’s a winner takes all I feel if it was a 3 game play off Collingwood would have won the second and third game making it 1-2 to Collingwood it’s worth it it’s a great idea never been a fan of just having 1 GF to decide the premiership must be 3 match play off with a week apart running on Saturday afternoon 230pm all at mcg
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:20 pm

Terrible, terrible idea.

If we win, or if we lose the first game, imagine the pain of losing the second...

If we are going to lose a grand final, best the band aid is pulled off quickly and if we're gonna win, let's just win.

And if the opposition win the first two, I'd rather spend the day stuck down a dunny at Princess Park than watch that last game.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:06 pm

No.

One GF.

Almost a month of Grand Finals would be exhausting for everyone.

And you just know that Collingwood would be the first team to win game 1 and then lose 2 and 3.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Please stop posting.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pm
Post subject: Re: Best of 3 GF series play offReply with quote

eureka wrote:
I think this is a great idea to make the GF best of 3 like a play off I feel just having the 1 means a lot has to go right on the day and it’s a winner takes all I feel if it was a 3 game play off Collingwood would have won the second and third game making it 1-2 to Collingwood it’s worth it it’s a great idea never been a fan of just having 1 GF to decide the premiership must be 3 match play off with a week apart running on Saturday afternoon 230pm all at mcg

I heard this idea being floated and i also say no.

I am stick and tired of us following other sporting codes "just because they do it in America" Our pre-grand final entertainment has to be bigger and bigger each year...why?

Please they need to leave our game alone for awhile, we have one grand final ....is the sky falling in because of it???? No

Is the AFL thinking we can make more money...yes three times the ticket or five times the ticket sales ...but in the seeking of more money the heritage and uniqueness of the game is being slowly but surely pulled away.

If money is all they care about get rid of the non-profit making clubs, sell the profit making clubs to large businesses We could become the McDonald's Magpies and lets just be done with it.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:31 pm

Geez, after hurling abuse at the players and club Friday night that should have seen you banned, you follow up with this?

Best of 3 is all bout TV and money, not footy. No no no, never want to see it in my lifetime, ever.
Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:41 pm

No way, I hate the idea. In addition to the other good reasons stated above, think of how many more injuries the two GF sides would get, and the disadvantage in terms of reduced rest and preseason training the two teams would have compared with everyone else.
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:27 pm

eureka wrote:

Not getting much love on here mate.

I for one have seen us in 12 grand finals in my lifetime, we've won 2, drawn 2 & lost 8. Changing the system reduces our odds? I doubt it can get worse and please don't talk about tradition when the game is unrecognisable from as little as 10 years ago.

I'll take it a step further, the prelim winner that finished higher in the home & away gets to play 2 games at their home ground.

Bang!........sit back & wait for the onslaught
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Please stop posting.

Please listen to Raw Hammer

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:29 pm

**** no id be in AA the first year!
K 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:52 am

derkd wrote:
I am stick and tired of us following other sporting codes "just because they do it in America" ...

And of course they don't do it in America at all, because 3 SuperBowls would kill the players (who only play 16 regular-season games). They do it only in sports that are physically undemanding.

[And this is not the first thread on this topic.]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: