Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jaidyn Stephenson - 2018 Rising Star Winner

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Copeland what is the trophy for best first year player ❓❓
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:51 pm

The A A Milne Trophy
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:24 pm

Absolute football genius. No other first year player comes anywhere near him. He is one of the main reasons for our renaissance. So happy that he is so full of gratitude towards CFC, as CFC must already be towards him. I love him. No other first year player in the competition has been subject to so much opposition analysis and endeavours to nullify him. Yet he has defied them. No one is sure how to stop him. He is the ace of spades that we hold in the pack. Congratulations JS.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:03 am

Congratulations to Jayden. Well deserved. I hope you become a 200-300 game premiership player with us. Go Pies.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:04 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
The A A Milne Trophy

Wink He's not in the pooh whatsoever.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:54 am

Hes almost worth the price of admission on his own. Exciting player. Deserved win.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:27 am

Congrats Jaidyn Graf effort mate
Youve certainly repaid the Fatih thus far
Now time to shine in September
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:38 am

What a year. Congrat's to Stepho and well done to the CFC on how they've managed him.

Allow yourself to pause and think what he'll be producing with 100 games under his belt.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:18 am

34 goals puts him in the Top 20 goal scorers in the entire league. Considering he also went goalless in his first three games, quite remarkable.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:24 am

Article from Herald-Sun:

Collingwood young gun Jaidyn Stephenson takes out 2018 Rising Star award
Sam Landsberger, Herald Sun
August 31, 2018 5:47pm
Subscriber only

COLLINGWOOD coach Nathan Buckley says Rising Star winner Jaidyn Stephenson could evolve into a defender given the teenagers brilliant attributes.
Stephenson, 19, polled 52 out of a maximum 55 votes to deliver the Magpies their first Rising Star on the cusp of the clubs return to finals.
Stephenson who munches 95 Weetbix every week had his sights set on becoming an inside midfielder once he stacks more muscle onto his 77kg frame.
But Buckley said he could end up anywhere.
Given his attributes his speed, game awareness, skills, willingness to take the game on and endurance theres no position he couldnt take on, Buckley told the Herald Sun.
Hell move up the field onto a wing as an outside midfielder and then if he shows that capacity to handle stoppages and the bigger bodies inside that (inside midfielder) could potentially be his path.
But he could run off a halfback line or he could be a third tall defender coming across and impacting aerially.
We had him earmarked as a wingman pre-season, but hes been so important to our forward mix.
Stephenson said he feared he would be overlooked at last years draft because of a heart condition.
But the Magpies received medical clearance and swooped at pick No. 6, with Stephenson declaring Fridays gong was the first 2 per cent of paying the club back.
Collingwood is 11-0 when Stephenson has kicked multiple goals this season and 1-6 when he has been held goalless.
Stephenson is the first teenager to kick 34 goals in their debut season since Ben Cousins in 1996.
Stephenson was beaten by West Coasts Brad Sheppard in Round 17 ahead of next weeks qualifying final rematch.
The Ferntree Gully boy expects to vacate the No. 35 after the finals, as per Collingwood tradition where the clubs top draft pick dons the famous number.
Stephenson grew up a Brisbane Lions fan idolising Jonathan Brown and wore his No. 16 as a junior.
Ill decide once the numbers open up, Stephenson told the Herald Sun.
I had a little chat to (Collingwoods No. 16) Chris Mayne but I dont think hes too keen to give it up.
Buckley said in Stephensons quiet games he had contributed in other areas, helping the freakish talent play all 22 games.
The Magpies love Stephensons defensive pressure with Buckley likening his closing speed to Hawthorns Cyril Rioli and Paul Puopolo.
Im not that fast at accelerating, but once I hit gear thats when Im at my quickest, Stephenson said.
It takes me a while about 30m. Im certainly no V8.
Stephenson demolishes 15 Weetbix five days a week and 10 on the other two days.
Ive loved them since I started eating, he said.
Obviously five in the morning, five at lunch and five as a snack when I get home or after dinner.
I love to drown them in full cream milk. Thats how mum made them as a youngster, with lots of milk and sugar so I just keep it like that.
Buckley said Stephenson who cuts his own hair wouldnt be overawed by finals.
I wouldnt be surprised to see him handle it really well, he said.
Were really confident in his capacity to focus on what he needs to focus on and play his part.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:42 am

I dont doubt that he has the talent to play anywhere on the field that a medium-sized player can play. I doubt, though, that we would enjoy watching him nearly as much - even getting 40 possessions a game as our midfield gun - as we do watching him now. Id like him to become an 18-disposal per game high half-forward. He could be both unstoppable and exciting to watch.

Call me old-fashioned but, as a spectator and not a coach, I dont think theres anything better than seeing a guy with crazy skills kick a goal that shouldnt have been kicked. I know that 16 team goals wins a game of footy every day but its the couple of unbelievable things a talent like this can produce every week that makes it fun (or, at least, not an entirely dour life and death experience).
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Haven't seen the voting, but looks like 11 people voted 5,4,3,2,1 which means he got eight 5 votes and three 4 votes.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:44 pm

15 wheatbix a day? No wonder he's such a skinny phuck. We need to get some steaks into him over the pre-season!
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:11 pm

tbaker wrote:

[quoting the Herald-Sun article]
"Stephenson is the first teenager to kick 34 goals in their debut season since Ben Cousins in 1996."

Now there's a dark omen. Hope the club has an exorcist on staff.

(note that if you delete the 1 from Cousins' debut year of 1996, and invert the 99, you end up with 666. Shocked)
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Why specifically do you hope for the club has an exorcist on staff?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: