Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Copeland Trophy Boycott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:52 am
Post subject: Copeland Trophy BoycottReply with quote

Well the club has finally done it - made the Copeland Trophy out of the reach of the average man.

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY THUCKING DOLLARS ($180.00)?????? What an absolute JOKE!!!!!

I was only just happy to pay the $147 last year, for "Silver Tickets" (gold $176, Bronze $120) at the back, but not this year, not even with Jimmy Barnes playing live. Even the CPI isnt running at that level of % increase!!

It's all about VALUE for money and I dont mind pay a BIT over the odds to support the club, but at $180.00 I cant see how the club can justify it. I am all for free trade, corporate globalisation and profit making in any business and even more so for the club, but this is just way too much.

The biggest problem with the last years (and previous) Copelands was the fact that we couldnt even get a regular supply of beer. The beer Nazi's wouldnt allow you to have more than one bottle on the table at a time and with 10 of the 12 people on our table drinking beer, we were all drier than the prevebial Nun's!! You should have heard the verbal spray whenever they refused to serve us, to the point where we made a complaint to the floor supervisor who virtually just laughed at us. Complaint letters to the club were obviously ignored because no contact was made. From memory though the food was good and as plentiful as can be expected.

Ed, I beleive supporters do not want the glitz and glamour of a major musical act or any auctions, they want tos see highlights and the vote count with regular player 'chats' and interveiws during the night. We want to hear from Neil Balme and the fitness guys about their thoughts on the season and the progress we made. We want to hear from the recruiting staff (if possible) to hear what they think of the recruits we had and maybe what we might be looking for at the upcoming draft. We want stats, facts and figures from the season that we wouldnt normally hear. Many would love to see and hear what goes on in a match committee meeting and in the rooms at training and before and after games. We would even like to hear from the wives...oops there isnt any....so the girlfreinds to get a little insight into what the guys might be like at home - just for a laugh without hurting anyone or invading their privacy too much.

I have been to many Copeland trophy nights in my time, with the first being 1989 at the Southern Cross, and from memory it cost me $30 to get a great feed and all the beer wine and softdrink I could drink! Even with the better venue and more people you cannot justify a 6 fold increase in price, with a definate reduction in value.

I can count at least 10 of my friends who I regularly go to the football with who WILL NOT be going this year because of the price - there is at least $1800.00 the club will not receive from us this year.

I am calling on all those supporters who are trying hard to find the cash to forsake going for one year just so we can get the prices down for future events like this. Copeland normally sells out in no time flat. Just imagine what the club will think if they struggle to fill the room? It might be a bit of a wake up call telling them not to forget the average supporter.

Does anyone else out there agree with what I am saying? Please feel free to post if you disagree too as I would like to know what "Joe Average" thinks about this too.

Anyway, GO PIES!!!

Sincerely

Mark Dillon
Legends memeber # 1738

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: