Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our dead-eye forward line

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
The spread and accuracy has been a welcome surprise. Pre-season It was a bit hard to see where our goals would come from and if you factor in Elliott, Fasolo Reid being out it is a great result.

Commentary today said none of these guys were in our top 3 goal scorers from 2017 (Elliott, Fasolo and Moore).

Spot on!

If I'm honest, I don't want Reid or Moore back into the forward line. We're proving to be much more dangerous and unpredictable without them.

I suspect Reid may be finished and Moore on the periphery given he can't get his body right.

You are probably right about Reid but we need a fit Moore on the backline. Howe, Scharenberg and (at times) Langdon performed really well against taller opponents, but that was at least partly because our midfield dominated so that the ball rarely came into their forward line fast and accurately. We saw last week what happens when the opposition is good enough to allow its tall forwards to go one on one against our shorter backline

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 am
Post subject: Re: Our dead-eye forward lineReply with quote

blackandwhite4life wrote:
Our goal kicking this year has been a thing of beauty, after many seasons of waywardness.

I was curious to see what our numbers were so dug up the following from our stats page:-

WHE - 34.12 @ 73.9%
JDG - 30.10 @ 75%
Thomas - 28.9 @75.7%
Stepho - 28.14 @ 66.7%
Cox - 15.5 @ 75%

They are a beautiful set of numbers!

I'd be surprised if our forward line is not the most accurate in the comp.

Well done to our coaches for turning this around.

There is certainly an improvement in our kicking. but i'd argue that some of the improvement is in the fact that we are getting our shots on goal from 15 out straight in front. Once a team owns the corridor (as we do now), the shots on goal tend to be easier. Cox has kicked a couple of beauties from 50, but the bulk of his goals are 20 meters out straight in front. DeGoey obviously kicks them from anywhere and everywhere. His skill set is sublime. Not sure there is anyone in the comp right now that he cant be Better than!

PS: how humble is Pendlebury. When asked about how much fun it is playing with the team, he responded - our best quality is that we are even. We have the stars like DeGoey, Sidey and Grundy, but the rest of us all play our role.......

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 am

stui magpie wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Not surprised by JTs accuracy, the man has ice running through his veins, rarely misses a gettable shot

from memory it was coke, but point remains. Wink

Was it just a point was it? Boy, they hang a man for the smallest transgression in these times don't they?

Settle gretel, it was an attempt at humour.

The point remains, is your point that he's a good shot for goal, and has been a bloody good play.

As was mine Stui; some on here may have got it Cool

Yes, he is a great player, one of my favourites

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:26 am

stui magpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Not surprised by JTs accuracy, the man has ice running through his veins, rarely misses a gettable shot

from memory it was coke, but point remains. Wink

Was it just a point was it? Boy, they hang a man for the smallest transgression in these times don't they?

Settle gretel, it was an attempt at humour.

The point remains, is your point that he's a good shot for goal, and has been a bloody good play.

As was mine Stui; some on here may have got it Cool

Yes, he is a great player, one of my favourites

I enjoyed each joke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: