Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

You know why I love Collingwood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 5:03 pm
Post subject: You know why I love Collingwood?Reply with quote

Living in SinCity I am not afforded the luxury of going to the mighty 'G to see my beloved Pies play. So when I get the urge to go to the footy I usually have to end up going to see two teams that I don't particularly give a stuff about.

Today at the SCG we had melbum v swans playing and well the swans played what was pretty ordinary football, especially after their effort against essenscum last week. I was quite surprised they could go from playing rather well to total crap in the space of a week!

Then talking to some dudes in the stands I find out that one of the swans Assistant Coach - Mr Stone's son had died on friday. (Now I don't know the circumstances except that it was sudden, and he was just a kid around 14 years old) but I thought well, that would probably explain why they played so flat. Like it doesn't matter how much you earn as a player - grief is grief, it hurts, it would definantly affect your concentration. No way would I expect anyone to perform as well when they are grieving as when all is well.

Man, try explain that to their supporters! I know we all want our teams to win all the time - but sh!t happens sometimes.

Despite sometimes we may criticise our players I have never heard a senseless full of verbal assult of a team (from their own supporters) like I did hear today...

I suppose that's why we have a line in our club song "Side by side we stick together". Which is pretty much how it is amongst the Collingwood family and one of the reasons why I love being a Collingwood supporter.

Just had to get the rant off my chest, thanks for listening peeps.

Go Pies!

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Collingwood supporter was sitting in front of me, didn't know him from a bar of soap but we just started talking about the match when a few stupid decisions started to happen. I don't think the same would happen at other clubs.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: