Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

St. Kilda after De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
^ in Dutch, which is where the name comes from, the preposition at the front of a name is not capitalized. de Wit, van der Laan, etc.

Since “Goey” is not a Dutch word, I suppose Jordan’s name is an Anglicized version of de Goeie, which would translate as “Jordan the good”. Which seems a little ironic.....

Just wait till we recruit Jordan de Slechte.

Part of JDG's penalty/homework should also be to learn and use the correct Dutch pronunciation of the "G" in his name.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:42 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

If he goes to the Saints ( unlikely for mine ) I doubt if we would get their first round pick, particularly if they continue to slide. The parent club always loses a bit of currency when the player is out of contract

Treloar was also out of contract when we traded for him.

De Goey would definitely net us a first round pick, plus more. Having been picked in the top 5 and shown enough to be worthy of it, he's worth a top 5 pick plus a bit more due to having proven his ability.

I don't want him to go and there's nothing to say that he will. But if we were after Lynch it's this sort of deal that could help get it done. I'd prefer to keep De Goey, personally.

In the overall scheme of things Jordan hasn’t proven anything and he owes us

E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:54 am

inxs88 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

If he goes to the Saints ( unlikely for mine ) I doubt if we would get their first round pick, particularly if they continue to slide. The parent club always loses a bit of currency when the player is out of contract

De Goey would definitely net us a first round pick, plus more. Having been picked in the top 5 and shown enough to be worthy of it, he's worth a top 5 pick plus a bit more due to having proven his ability.

I don't want him to go and there's nothing to say that he will. But if we were after Lynch it's this sort of deal that could help get it done. I'd prefer to keep De Goey, personally.

he's proven to me that he is our best midfield prospect and is going to be a gun player in the competition. A top 10 talent. Its sooo obvious to me. i cant believe you dont see it.

I hope the club is not sharing your feeling with him. what a loss it would be if De Goey left us.

Last edited by E on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:25 am

I'm a strong believer that the club is greater than the individual. If a player wants to leave, we try to persuade him to stay. If that doesn't work we work to get that player to his preferred destination club and receive what we perceive as adequate compensation for that player. We never wanted to lose Beams, but we had to consider his personal situation and then work to get him to Brisbane and do the trade that compensated our club.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:41 am

i'm a big believer in being a club that great players want to play for!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:00 am

E wrote:
i'm a big believer in being a club that great players want to play for!

It's human nature that whatever environment a football club creates, at some point of time players will want to leave. It happened with the great Brisbane side (2001-03) and the great Hawthorn side (13-15). Being a great club doesn't insulate you from players wanting to leave. It just happens in the more lower down teams because players have the ambition of playing in a premiership.

Last edited by MatthewBoydFanClub on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:19 pm

K wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ in Dutch, which is where the name comes from, the preposition at the front of a name is not capitalized. de Wit, van der Laan, etc.

Since “Goey” is not a Dutch word, I suppose Jordan’s name is an Anglicized version of de Goeie, which would translate as “Jordan the good”. Which seems a little ironic.....

Part of JDG's penalty/homework should also be to learn and use the correct Dutch pronunciation of the "G" in his name.

This also belatedly reminded me that Dutch names can also begin with an apostrophe. e.g. ’t Hooft, ’t Hart, ...
"The prefix ’t is pronounced as ‘ut’ and stands for ‘het’. Het Hoofd (in modern spelling) is literally translated as: ‘the head’."
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:14 pm

K wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

^ 😀 Collngwood Star in phlegm-clearing scandal....

Daz 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 am

Would hate to lose degoey, the kid is a bull and will be a gun in years to come.
Would only consider a trade for way overs (2 first rounds, 1 being a top 10).
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:53 am

Straight swap for Freeman????
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 am

20/1 for the ANZAC medal is great value IMO Cool
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 am

It’s a setback to lose any player who you would see as an automatic selection during your next premiership window.
And that’s what he is.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:13 am

People are jumping at shadows here. I would be extremely surprised if De Goey left us and even more surprised if he went to the Saints. They are rubbish.

It would make more sense that he negotiates his next contract with the Pies having demonstrated over a sustained period that he is serious about getting the best out of his football and has made the lifestyle changes required.

I expect we will be watching Jordy for many more years in the black and white.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:18 am

He's clearly a very good player and exactly the prototypical strong bodied mid who can go forward that everyone is after (listed at 191cm). Shades of Dusty. So he will be heavily sought after with many clubs hoping his relationship with the club sours.

Definitely hope this is not the case and he's a Pie for a long time to come. Developing very nicely and continues to solidify my belief that he was a better option than Peter Wright in the draft.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:29 am

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

he's proven to me that he is our best midfield prospect and is going to be a gun player in the competition. A top 10 talent. Its sooo obvious to me. i cant believe you dont see it.

I hope the club is not sharing your feeling with him. what a loss it would be if De Goey left us.

inxs88, is Jordan starting to prove a thing or two to you? Freakin' GUN!! Will be as good as Fyfe on Fyfe's best day!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: