Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Game Day & Post-Game: Pies v Bulldogs - all comments ple

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MagpieBat 

The moderator Nick's deserves... but hopefully not the one it needs right now...


Joined: 27 Nov 2010
Location: Brooding in a cave... somewhere... maybe...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernardi on the run, goes for home, how will it bounce...?

It bounces the right way! Goal!

41-49

_________________
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batmod.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
MagpieBat 

The moderator Nick's deserves... but hopefully not the one it needs right now...


Joined: 27 Nov 2010
Location: Brooding in a cave... somewhere... maybe...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Siren.

FT.

Collingwood 6.5.41
Western Bulldogs 7.7.49

GOALS - Edwards 2, Molloy, Barden, Hutchins

Disposals - D'Arcy 13, Garner 13, Chiocci 12, Duffin 11, Edwards 11, Bonnici 10

_________________
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batmod.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
What'sinaname 



Joined: 29 May 2010
Location: In the cloud

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive hit by Chiocci. She won't play again in 2018.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Dave The Man Scorpio



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Someville, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a Very Good Job but I always felt the Dogs where just little bit better then us.

Helps when Umps are on your Side Too

_________________
I am Da Man
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Dave The Man Scorpio



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Someville, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Massive hit by Chiocci. She won't play again in 2018.


Might as well Tank the last 2 Games

_________________
I am Da Man
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
BucksIsFutureCoach 



Joined: 12 Feb 2007


PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a great game of football. You need to remember that Footscray are the premiership favourites and we took them down to the wire. I'm proud of the way the girls played and we showed that we don't lie down against any team. I'm ignoring what Dave said about tanking the remaining two games. We play to win which is the Collingwood way.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Dave The Man Scorpio



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Someville, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I thought it was a great game of football. You need to remember that Footscray are the premiership favourites and we took them down to the wire. I'm proud of the way the girls played and we showed that we don't lie down against any team. I'm ignoring what Dave said about tanking the remaining two games. We play to win which is the Collingwood way.



Was a Good Footy Game to Watch. 1 of the Best AFLW games I have Watched

_________________
I am Da Man
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Dave The Man Scorpio



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Someville, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I thought it was a great game of football. You need to remember that Footscray are the premiership favourites and we took them down to the wire. I'm proud of the way the girls played and we showed that we don't lie down against any team. I'm ignoring what Dave said about tanking the remaining two games. We play to win which is the Collingwood way.


Well out AFLW Season is Over. So we might as well get Ready for VFLW.

With Chiocci gone for at least 1 Week and maybe a Few Others we probably don't have to Tank to Lose

_________________
I am Da Man
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Vexillology 



Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Location: varies from moment to moment

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO one of the reasons the Bulldogs are on top is as simple as: they kick the ball. Their kick to handball ratio against us was 73:27. Last week against Carlton it was 71:29 and has been much the same all year.

For the last two weeks, we have also been kicking the ball (75:25 against the Dogs) and isn't it so much better to watch. Kicking the ball is a defining characteristic of the womens state leagues.

Last week against Carlton, Emma Kearney had 26 disposals 25 of which were kicks. This week, she only had 13 (well done Brit/Jaimee/Caitlyn) not one of which was a handpass!

For mine, that is the difference between the Bulldogs last year and this. Wouldn't be surprised if pre-season, Deb Lee hadn't had a quiet word with their coach along the lines of, "This is the way the girls want to play and that is how you will coach them and if you don't like it, there's the door." Pity something similar didn't happen at Collingwood.

Sadly, we do not kick the ball as well as the Dogs.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
3rd degree Aries



Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Location: John Wren's tote

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we had a crack, Molloy looks like a player, we gave them some easy goals through bad fumbles
_________________
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
BucksIsFutureCoach 



Joined: 12 Feb 2007


PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Vexillology wrote:
IMO one of the reasons the Bulldogs are on top is as simple as: they kick the ball. Their kick to handball ratio against us was 73:27. Last week against Carlton it was 71:29 and has been much the same all year.

For the last two weeks, we have also been kicking the ball (75:25 against the Dogs) and isn't it so much better to watch. Kicking the ball is a defining characteristic of the womens state leagues.

Last week against Carlton, Emma Kearney had 26 disposals 25 of which were kicks. This week, she only had 13 (well done Brit/Jaimee/Caitlyn) not one of which was a handpass!

For mine, that is the difference between the Bulldogs last year and this. Wouldn't be surprised if pre-season, Deb Lee hadn't had a quiet word with their coach along the lines of, "This is the way the girls want to play and that is how you will coach them and if you don't like it, there's the door." Pity something similar didn't happen at Collingwood.

Sadly, we do not kick the ball as well as the Dogs.

The Dogs are kicking the ball better than everybody else in this competition. That's why they're on top, not just their kicks to handballs ratio. We kicked the ball ok as well but we gave away silly free kicks at crucial times. Otherwise we could have just about knocked them off.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group