Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFLX

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask where you got book that's a good idea?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Is there any footage of people actually playing this Frankenstein's monster of a game? I tried googling but no luck.
CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:50 pm

not the same as X but this would be similar:
https://youtu.be/FVmBcKzH1oo
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:10 pm

dalyc wrote:
My understanding is that one of the driving forces behind AFLX is the in the emerging states of NSW and QLD there are in sufficient grounds of full AFL size to increase participation. There are heaps more rugby sized grounds and as such AFLX has been devised to utilise these grounds and to promote Australian rules as a whole. In my book that's a good idea. Thanks

See also ronrat's post in:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1808638
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:14 pm

I've already expressed my opposition to this, as just another grab for money from footy supporters.

However........ in terms of promoting participation in our game, much like the Futsal phenomenon (begin initially in Brazil) did for soccer, then maybe it has some merit. It could enable smaller groups of people (7-10) to form a side, which they could play on a soccer or rugby pitch. This has obvious advantages in non-footy states, where footy grounds are few and far between. Time will tell.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:18 am

The one thing different I can see is the 40 metre rule. In the games I have seen in Asia you can not kick a goal from beyond the 40 metre line. It is called a point. The reason this was introduced was to stop a side having say Anthony Rocca just booting goals from everywhere and the locals and expats would get bored. There must be a pass by foot or hand into the forward zone. You can take possession and cross the line backwards and boot one but otherwise no way. The kicking out from a goal is new and I don't think an improvement. You work your way in front with a goal and with 40 seconds to go you give the ball to the opposition as a reward for the other teams effort. But as usual some bozo will come out chest beating about what a gun he is. Teams will play non ruckman for the centre bounces as there are only 4. Or perhaps the Dunnyher/Moore /Reiwoldt types. Can you imagine the outcry when a player of limited ruck experience does a knee at a centre bounce.

I will add. The aim of the games I have seen are fun, comaraderie and to include people new to the game. Some of these rules will not work for that.

Anyone in Bali can contact the Bali Geckos at Canggu (20 mins from Kuta) and they will be happy to run you through a training night.

There is alledgedly a team where I live but can't find them. Google Pattaya Pirates and you get a different answer and whilst this establishment is a mere 10 minute walk from here if my missus catches me in there it won't be pretty.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:02 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

... People will be embarrassed by their comments towards AFLW and AFLX in due course.

Each to their own. However, in my opinion the promotion of AFLX, like AFL-W, is simply about money.

I'm yet to find an AFL official I couldn't go over to and have a chat with and what I find in common with them is that they love their footy like you and I do.

It's strange, I think. Assuming what your encounters suggest is true, I find it odd that they make so many bad decisions that are motivated simply by short-term financial gain. Maybe collectively, they talk themselves into believing stuff that as individual fans they would not believe.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Got a few emails from mates in Borneo yesterday. The general consensus about the AFL version is that 50 goals is possible if the right players are in. Every kick in should result in a shot at goal at the other end. Which immediately gets a shot back at the other end. Sort of like touch footy for rugby players.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 pm

ronrat wrote:
Got a few emails from mates in Borneo yesterday. The general consensus about the AFL version is that 50 goals is possible if the right players are in. Every kick in should result in a shot at goal at the other end. Which immediately gets a shot back at the other end. Sort of like touch footy for rugby players.

I now have visions of our guys kicking 50 points.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-08/aflx-squad-sizes-increased-for-more-flexibility
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:38 pm

i bet sheedy is behind this nonsense
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 pm

Not interested one bit, means nothing.

It's a bit like an interval training run half pissed on your way to a marathon in a few months. Meh Laughing

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:15 am

AFLX should have come first and the girls should have adapted their league based on this smaller ground.

That would make the girls game much higher scoring.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 am

What'sinaname wrote:
AFLX should have come first and the girls should have adapted their league based on this smaller ground.

That would make the girls game much higher scoring.

Agreed , Said as much on the AFLW thread. It would alsomeans only the good players would get a game. If they can somehow get 18 teams and say 35 players a team the bad ones will make Andrew Williams look like Leigh Mathews.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: