Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vale Malcolm Young

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 am
Post subject: Vale Malcolm YoungReply with quote

AC/DC has announced on their Facebook page that Malcolm Young has passed away after battling Dementia for several years, only a few weeks after older brother George passed away.

Statement:

Quote:
It is with deepest sorrow that we inform you of the death of Malcolm Young, beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother. Malcolm had been suffering from Dementia for several years and passed away peacefully with his family by his bedside.

Renowned for his musical prowess Malcolm was a songwriter, guitarist, performer, producer and visionary who inspired many. From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took to the world stage giving their all at every show. Nothing less would do for their fans.

Malcolm is survived by his loving wife O'Linda, children Cara and Ross, son-in-law Josh, three grandchildren, sister and brother.

While thanking all for their overwhelming support and heartfelt condolences, the family ask that you respect their privacy during this time of heartbreak and grief.

For those wishing to send messages to the family please visit the Sydney Morning Herald Malcolm Young Memorial website which will be available next week.

The family have asked instead of flowers to send donations to The Salvation Army.

https://www.facebook.com/acdc/posts/10155864707247930

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sitting in a bar last nighyt watching ACDC and Motorhead last clips last night. The party of the deaprted just keeps getting bigger and better.

RIP lMalcolm.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 am

Where were you sitting in a bar last nighyt watching ACDC and Motorhead last clips?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:49 am

Shattering. 64, dementia. Just heart breaking. AC/DC and the Angels were the two rock bands I loved ever since I first heard them.
By the sounds of it once it took its grip he didn’t last too long thank the lord. Such an evil, horrible disease.
Thanks for the memories Malcolm, had the pleasure of quite a few of your concerts, an absolute legend to me. RIP XXX

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:51 am

ronrat wrote:
I was sitting in a bar last nighyt watching ACDC and Motorhead last clips last night. The party of the deaprted just keeps getting bigger and better.

RIP lMalcolm.

Yes it does. Well said. That’s going to make one hell of a poster. Cheers.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 am

A sad day from one of the greatest, we lost him to dementia and then lost him again as he passed away. A massive influence and respected by all. I read Bob Spencer's post and had to share.

Quote:
Malcom Young.

Apart from the terrific guitar playing, Malcolm was one of the most quietly focused on success, global domination and "the big picture" people I have ever encountered. All the work and all the shit they went through was aimed at those goals, and, for better or for worse, they didn't let anything or anyone get in their way.

I didn't really understand that when I was young, as my small and blinkered focus was simply on being a better player, but Mal and Angus (I assume taking their cue from George) kept their eyes on the bigger prize, and good on them for doing so.

Vale!

Over,
Bob.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 pm

think positive wrote:
Shattering. 64, dementia. Just heart breaking. AC/DC and the Angels were the two rock bands I loved ever since I first heard them.
By the sounds of it once it took its grip he didn’t last too long thank the lord. Such an evil, horrible disease.
Thanks for the memories Malcolm, had the pleasure of quite a few of your concerts, an absolute legend to me. RIP XXX

I love AC/DC myself, so it feels like an end of an era somewhat. While not as prominent as his younger brother, Malcolm was definitely the backbone of the band.

Horrible time for the Young family having lost George only a month ago as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: