Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ATTN: EDDIE AND CHANNEL 7 COVERAGE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 4:58 am
Post subject: ATTN: EDDIE AND CHANNEL 7 COVERAGEReply with quote

As I live in Sydney, I am disadvantaged at not getting to see every collingwood game on TV. The coverage up here is bad most of the time - we get the friday night games occasionally (if there is no rugby union or cricket on) and when we do it is after midnight. We get the sat and sun games, but the night games are rare. Eddie and all pie fans can you believe that Sydney and Brisbane (that's a lot of the population) are not going to see the blockbuster game against essendon this saturday night, because the cricket starts at 10:40pm and at 8:30 we usually get a B grade movie from the 80's on Channel 7. It is a channel 7 conspriracy, as they have lost the rights and have shafted AFL in the northern states this year. I hope Channels 9 and 10, together with foxtel set a new standard of broadcasting next year and we get to see EVERY game we want to see, especially a must see blockbuster like this sat night! If that is the case then Eddie and Channel 9 will have significantly helped to further the game of AFL in the northern states, and finally make AFL fans happy north of the vic border. No-one can imagine how frustrating it is not being able to see your favourite team play unless you live in these fascist conditions dictated by Channel 7's coverage.

I appeal for all fans in the northern states to ring channel 7 and complain about the scheduling for sat night!

Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 5:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone number for Channel 7 sydney is (02) 9877 7777

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 10:14 am

Millane42 - I believe there should be better coverage where you are but Eddie can't fix everything. Hopefully next year if Channel 9 doesn't want to show the Footy when the rugby is on the hopefully Channel 10 will. However, seeing as though theu have their specific days that they are going to broadcast this may not happen.

Other option - Get Foxtel next year.

JDF
Millane42 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:16 am

Hey Joel - i'm definitely getting foxtel next year - i have been waiting until the AFL is on, then i can see cricket, soccer AND AFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: