Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memo EDDIE! Umpires! Enough is enough!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^

something as drastic as your last paragraph would be backed in no doubt by all concerning fans.

whats a bet the afl will swing the ledger our way on the field when we mathematically can't make the finals.

barrackers 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 pm

I don't care whether the umps are good, bad or indifferent, all I want is consistency. There were clearly 2 sets of holding the ball rules today, which is disgraceful. Along with the commentary there seemed to be a narrative of giving the dees a win for Neale. In terms of our 19 frees you'll find a lot of them were the type given simply to pad the stats sheet where giving the free doesn't impact the match as we already had the footy and had cleared the previous contest.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Simon there is no way we would play our VFL team (and neither we should, it would be disrespectful to Port for one) but by geez the threat of it - and the questions asked of the AFL - would raise a good discussion about the umpires and why they are so protected. They were clearly biased and cheated today. They influenced the result of the game. That is not on. We need - as an AFL community - to have respect and trust in our umpires. That has to be earned. Just ignoring errors and problems will not make us trust or respect umpires.

The AFL do a disservice to all the junior umpires but not allowing questioning of the AFL umpires, there would be a lot less umpire abuse at junior level if the umps in the AFL were 1. allowed to admit they made an error and 2. were seen as human beings who do make mistakes but try their best and 3. the public knew what happened behind the scenes to improve the level / standard of umpiring.

Unfortunately, the umpires are only viewed by what you can see on a 60 inch screen, and "Razor Ray" and his friends look like narcissistic bigoted cheats from that angle. Having no angle to question that does not ensue either respect or trust, so supporters like us can see every game we play is affected by the umpires, and games like today simply reinforce the "fact" that umpires hate us and are biased against us.

- Ben
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Umpires where Dead Set Cheating Today.

Doing it for Neale or they had Money on the Dees Pre-Game

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 pm

Mugwump wrote:
I always think you need to watch it again without the emotion to judge. But I don't think it was umpiring that lost it.

We did not play well in 2nd Half but the Scumps never gave us a Fair Chance.

We coming home Hard and Scumps did everything possible to Stop us Pinching the Win

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:53 am

what you suggest ben would no doubt tell the afl that we are not going to take this bent over anymore. if the afl and umpires give us the big FU in every aspect of the game from fixture to bad calls on game day why not play hard ball with them. give them no details on player availability only suggesting that our stars are underdone and need time in the VFL. take advantage of the ridiculous loser wins by the draft mandate and continue holding the afl at arms length to we see we are serious in wanting cheating and favouritism out of the game. to much cheating gets swept under the carpet from umpires because of no accountability, why is this the case? why don't they have to answer to their actions?are they under oath to fix games for the greater public satisfaction? it seems so. I feel theres an agenda by the afl and that is to create a spectacle for neutral fans, the ones who flip on the telly to watch games occasionally like the big freeze, Anzac Day and the grand final. a neutral supporter would always want the suffering to prevail it makes people feel good about themselves. Collingwood needs to give away these charity giving games. why let other clubs reap reward from association of Collingwood? neutral playing ground won't happen unless we as a club fix it ourselves..
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 am

The holding the ball against Greenwood in the last was the worst for mine.... he never was in possession!

My missus and daughters came home after school and caught the last 10 minutes, the missus goes "what's with these umpires?" She a lions supporter.

My nephew, Mad WCE fan, hates the Pies, plays in the WAFL. Never sends me a message, last night, his message "I hate the Pies Unc but those umpires were pathetic"

Somebody from the club has to say something publicly.

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 am

The worst for mine was the 'chopping of the arms' with 1 second left in the first quarter, closely followed by the 'hold' on Watts 5 minutes earlier 25m out from goal.

From that moment the umpires needed to consistently pay a free kick to anyone that made any sort of contact to a player in a marking contest, or stand up today and say YES, that was an incorrect decision.

The Watts one was certainly there no doubt about it. But it was 75m off the ball and this incidental grappling between forwards and back happens at both ends, all day long. How can we accept that we elect to pay this as a free kick ONCE during the course of a game, 25m out in front of goal.

Melbourne get kept in the game and go on to win by less than a kick.

Its not the ones they do get, its the ones you don't. Consistency is the key.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 am

And for those that argue our skill errors cost us the game not the umpriring.

I don't disagree with some costly errors, however when there are 50-50 decisions that continue to go against you it has a way of changing the game.

Todays game has never been dictated so much by momentum. The umpires whistle has the power to swing this and today it did on a number of occasions.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:53 am

Frees in Forward 50 -

5 - Melbourne
1 - Collingwood

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Pathetic insipid embarrassing..got them over the line.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Lorelei wrote:
Frees in Forward 50 -

5 - Melbourne
1 - Collingwood

says it all!

www.facebook/the hybernators
darky the protector 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:20 pm

Not happy at all today
Played a lot of footy and never never have I seen such bias, it's reached a new level.
Momentum changes game results, always has , and now with 36 different umpires you get 36 interpretations.games and flags have been won or lost for years in this event called AFL.
These wipes have now destroyed our game.
First time this year didn't bother watching ANZAC day , listening or going fed up with the AFL agenda.
I agree with BEN
It's time to go hard
1. All supporters not attend our next game and play the reserves , managed players after speaking to sponsors
2. No access to journos
3 limit all afl activities
4 get someone on the commission
5 no more charity games ( extra 100,000) in our footy department pre tax budget to make up for all the support over the years we have provided all these other LEECH clubs
6 court challange mrp always
7 adopt a 110% combative attitude
8 establish a fighting fund against Injustice ,
9 produce and publish each week our own tapes re decisions and publish them on our website.
10 if they don't like it litigate , it can't get any worse and it didn't harm St KILDA
NOTHING Else matters , drafting ,game plan , coaching, money, speculation , facilities NOTHING, unless we are given a equal playing field.
We have been systematically screwed ever since JACK Hamilton moved on.
Our imput has never been replaced and our influence diminishes
The whole fiasco is about propping up non supported clubs and giving hope.
New immigrants support WINNERS , so do there kids
We're are we placed , now is our line in the sand moment
Sycophants in the media won't do jack
ITS UP TO US

darky the protector 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Oh and by the way
Rose bury has plenty , plenty of form
He's the one in 09 gave the free against pebbles Anzac Day and a 50
Most biased umpire I have seen
Lol lol lol

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:07 pm

I just watched the replay, well some of it.

Mugwump wrote:
I always think you need to watch it again without the emotion to judge. But I don't think it was umpiring that lost it.

Nope, was more compelling the second time round Mugwump, especially in the last 10 minutes.

Magpiefan3 wrote:
In the last quarter when Dunn got knocked out why didn't he get a free kick.

Good question, it was a marking contest and he received head high contact. Should of been a free to Dunne, instead, we got pinged for a holding the ball decision, that was iffy at best, which resulted in a shot on goal.

doriswilgus wrote:
That was disgraceful.Theft,pure and simple.Every,and I mean every single 50/50 decision went their way.

Aint that the truth Evil or Very Mad

dalyc wrote:
Agree. Pathetic display. Completely one way umpiring.

The truth in 7 words.

Jezza wrote:
DISGUSTING!

The truth in ONE word!

Tannin wrote:
I never blame the umpires for a defeat. Never have. Check my posting history.

This time it's different. This was an absolute disgrace. Utterly unacceptable.

This is all true Tannin.

HAL wrote:
I believe that killing is wrong.

Maybe not in this instance Hal Twisted Evil

bally12 wrote:
I did something today that I can't remember ever doing in a Pies game.

That "chopping the arms" free to gift them a goal at the end of the 1st qtr with seconds to go was enough for me. Is this basketball or football? It was a genuine attempt by Dunn to punch the ball..it wasn't chopping of the arms.

My brother went berserk at this one.... "He got the kick for being the weak one in the contest!" he said, with beer spraying the back of my neck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: