Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Inness out for season ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:23 pm
Post subject: Inness out for season ?Reply with quote

Bowling ace has glandular fever

December 12, 2003 - Fox Sports

VICTORIA are likely to be without strike bowler Mathew Inness for at least the remainder of the year because of glandular fever.

Inness felt lethargic during training sessions for the past four weeks and was yesterday diagnosed with a mild form of the condition and ruled out of today's Pura Cup clash against New South Wales at the MCG.

The 25-year-old woke this morning expecting to play but once team doctor Trefor James received the results of his blood test, Inness could only watch his fellow bowlers give the Bushrangers a perfect start.

Inness remains confident of playing Western Australia in Perth next week, but Victorian selectors will err on the side of caution to ensure the quick does not rush back too soon.

"I'm hoping this will be my only game (out) because I trained during the week and Tuesday when it was pretty hot I bowled for an hour and had no problems there," Inness said.

"But if it turns out to be a bit longer, there's not much you can do about it.

"I spoke to (NSW quick) Matthew Nicholson about it because he had Chronic Fatigue (Syndrome) and his started out the same as mine, so he just said to be careful."

The illness could also not have come at a worse time for Inness' Australian aspirations, after he was touted at the start of the season as a roughie for a national call-up.

"It's just frustrating the fact that I've got no injuries, I feel like I was starting to bowl well and I feel fine," he said.

"That's the most frustrating thing rather than worrying about the next level."

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Better news this morning.

Inness will probably only miss this present match.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: