Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Get it over with now

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dilly5 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:33 am
Post subject: Get it over with nowReply with quote

We all know that no matter WHAT happens in the draft this week, it will be the WRONG thing and the WRONG decisions will be made by the so-called "hacks" at Collingwood, so I suggest everyone gets their bitching and moaning over and done with now and spare us all the pain of being a post-draft expert later on.

I am predicting that no matter what the outcome, the whingers on this board will be calling for someone's head, so have a cry about it now- the specific details shouldn't matter, because there will be whingeing regardless.... come on guys, get it over and done with...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

dilly5, first of all, LOL! Good effort to pre-empt the whingers.

Unfortunately, it won't be enough to stop them.

However, I guess people are allowed to have their opinions, and if they disagree with the decisions that have been made, then they have the right to voice their opinions.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:30 am

OK then.

First of all it's no wonder we have finished up in the Grand Final for the last two years with the total incompetence of our recruiting and coaching staff.

If they would only have got rid of Lica, Johnno, Brodie and a few others when we wanted them to we would not be in this predicament.

If only they would have sold the farm and picked up some decent players last year like Everitt - he had a stellar year and how did we let Wayne Carey slip through our fingers.

Fancy picking up rejects like Wakes, Woey and Clement.

Why we didn't offload Didak to Port is beyond me.

I could go on.

TheGaffer 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:40 am

Hindsight is a wondeful thing. It is very easy to have a whinge about the players drafted that missed the mark after they have come and gone. It is a lottery to some degree and while the recruiting staff don't go out of their way to pick duds, some kids go on and others fall in a heap, whether to injury or inability to cope with the rigous of AFL football.

From looking at the assessments of the 1999 and 2000 drafts on afl.com.au over the last two days, and to be honest, CFC have done better than the majority of the clubs. The only real dud was Danny Roach, only because he probably didn't have the mental approach.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:12 am

stik35 wrote:
OK then.

First of all it's no wonder we have finished up in the Grand Final for the last two years with the total incompetence of our recruiting and coaching staff.

If they would only have got rid of Lica, Johnno, Brodie and a few others when we wanted them to we would not be in this predicament.

If only they would have sold the farm and picked up some decent players last year like Everitt - he had a stellar year and how did we let Wayne Carey slip through our fingers.

Fancy picking up rejects like Wakes, Woey and Clement.

Why we didn't offload Didak to Port is beyond me.

I could go on.

Confused ..................ok?

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
dilly5 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:09 pm

Sarcasm Daks.

I hope!
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:29 pm

dilly5 wrote:
Sarcasm Daks.

I hope!

well it better have been sarcasm!!!!!!, i was about to knock someone out after reading that Evil or Very Mad

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:09 pm

Of course it's sarcasm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: