Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you do this trade?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Was trying to settle an argument about the trading value of Bont.

Its a funny thing to talk about. And its safe to say that some people can get a bit upset. But when you consider what we paid for Treloar, I suggested 2 first rounders, or a 1st rounder and a starting 22 player.

FWIW, not one of the Doggies supporters said they'd accept the deal either.

Theres been multiple variations thrown around, ie, Stringer instead of the draft pick. Or Pendles and our 3rd instead of Steele. But I havent been able to find something they'd accept unless I put up half the squad.

I also pointed out that pick 9, 28 and a player was traded for Dangerfield last year.

Oh well, Ive enjoyed some of you guys reactions anyway.

His trade value, same as Pendlebury and Sidey, untradeable no matter the price. Future captain.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:30 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Absolutely it is an insult. The captain of our club and a member of our leadership group. Don't care what price someone is willing to pay, neither are tradeable, you don't trade heart and soul elite players.

Don't care what price?

GWS just called and said they'd take Pendlebury, they said we can pick any 3 players on their list in exchange and they'll trade them to us and throw in a first round pick as chocolate topping.

You'd say no to that?

Absolutely would say No in a heartbeat. Pendlebury is a true professional and sets the example for our younger players of what is required to be an AFL player. He also sets the example of how someone should behave off the field. You do not trade people with those characteristics that set the culture of your club. Each club has a list of untradeable players, both Pendles and Sidebottom would be on our list.
By the way he is also a top 5 player in the competition and those 3 players from GWS are not fit to carry his bags.

I don't disagree about Pendles qualities but I do disagree that any player is untradeable. People can say things aren't for sale, everything is for sale if the price is right.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:45 pm

Understand your view. It comes down to the value that you put on leadership and setting the right example. A lot of what has been spoken about with Hawthorn in the past few years is the leadership and the example set by Hodge, Mitchell, etc and how this has led to their success. I think the price they would quantify this leadership and example setting at would be priceless and thus these players are not for sale. I see Pendles and Sidey in the same way.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 pm

haha it was obviously a hypothetical fun question presti, i guess people are just a bit on edge with all the trade stuff getting thrown around lol
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:12 am

What about Scott Embelbury? He played one game and won a Norm Smith in 2010. We should trade him, done nothing since.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:08 am

melliot wrote:
What about Scott Embelbury? He played one game and won a Norm Smith in 2010. We should trade him, done nothing since.

Straight swap for The Bont sounds fair to me. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:10 am

If it wasn't for that idiot Dermie Sidey would have won the Normie in 2010 (and me 800 clams) plus Pendles wins the other. I live in a city with 3000 bars and if I start now and take 3 years I might find some drunk who thinks is a good deal, for us.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:17 am

Yellow card.
Must be school holidays...
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:58 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Treloar got more votes than the Bont, next.

BANG!!!!! Cool
burton 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 am

mummy mummy i want the new playstation game
Medders85 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Why would we trade a player that plays exactly the same as the player we are trading in, plus sidebottom? Ridiculous! Bontempeli is a poor mans pendlebury!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:44 pm

burton wrote:
mummy mummy i want the new playstation game

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:54 pm

mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Treloar got more votes than the Bont, next.

BANG!!!!! Cool

Be careful with this line of reasoning - Liberatore Snr got more votes than Wrighty, too, in 1990. And they gave two of Swan's three Brownlows to other players. Also, I'm pretty sure the umpires spent about 25 years not giving votes to Bartlett or Matthews when each was, respectively, just about the best and most consistent player in the competition.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:38 pm

On the original topic no I wouldn't do that deal it's overs to them by a fair way.
Secondly I said ages ago Pendles was one of a hand full of players who couldn't be traded from our list.
I understand the everything has a price theory and I do agree with it but not trading our captain.
For what it's worth while I rate Bont he hast achieved the level of Pendles yet or the consistency either. Maybe he will maybe he won't but right now Pendles has him covered.
If the trade had been (hypothetically) say Witts & Sidey for Bont I would have seriously considered it then maybe declined it and asked for a sweetener our way with a second round pick.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:40 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
On the original topic no I wouldn't do that deal it's overs to them by a fair way.
Secondly I said ages ago Pendles was one of a hand full of players who couldn't be traded from our list.
I understand the everything has a price theory and I do agree with it but not trading our captain.
For what it's worth while I rate Bont he hast achieved the level of Pendles yet or the consistency either. Maybe he will maybe he won't but right now Pendles has him covered.
If the trade had been (hypothetically) say Witts & Sidey for Bont I would have seriously considered it then maybe declined it and asked for a sweetener our way with a second round pick.

Superstars like Pendles don't come around often.
Others I wouldn't trade would be Grundy Moore Treloar Reid they make up the core of our spine for years to come.
Closely followed by Adams Scharenberg Elliott Sidey
The rest I could easily do without
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: