Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Dear Collingwood,

Reverse this; http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2015/041420150822.html

That is all.

Regards Presti35 and everyone on Nicks.

...or replicate this.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2009/041420090815.html

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:11 am

John Wren wrote:
^ i take it you have caught up with the coaching handover? Wink

I'm more concerned about who is going to play on Hart and Bartlett.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:28 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
IN: Cox Goldsack Toovey

OUT: Moore(Injured),Marsh,Williams

The suggestion that Marsh might be dropped strikes me, having watched the game, as bordering upon bizarre. His closing speed and reading of the game were very important in the win over West Coast. Of course we'd all like him not to turn the ball over and make silly decisions like the one where he spoiled what would have been an uncontested Sidebottom mark through for a point, enabling the Wiggles to goal from the kick in but these things come with time. He continues to look like he has substantial up-side and I would like them to persist with him.

In fact, despite my continuing frustration watching Marley Williams with ball in hand, the defence did a solid job, all round. The Eagles average 99 points per game and Collingwood kept them to under 75% of their usual score. I appreciate that they don't perform well away from the West and that a lot of the hard work was done by our midfield (which did the tackling and chasing for both the North Melbourne game and the Eagles game all in the one match) but they do have a few very potent goalkickers. Kennedy was kept to 2, Darling got his usual few easy ones and Le Cras was basically unsighted. I wouldn't want that messed with this week, even though there a couple of changes I'd like to see long-term (including someone onto the HBF, so Howe can move up to the half-forward/wing and Ramsay for Williams)

Marsh's closing speed is fine however his decision making as to when to use that closing speed was diabolical last week. Marsh allowed Darling to be on his own on far too many occasions resulting goals & uncontested marks to Darling well within our defensive 50.

Marsh would point to a non existent collingwood player to cover Darling when Marsh quite incorrectly would go & chase the ball (using his famous closing speed). The consequence on too many occasions was that the ball would be turned over & Darling would be by himself or be mismatched on Maynard who was running back to cover the absent Marsh.

Closing speed - tick
Decision making - cross
Not learning from his mistakes - a cross to many; (last week that is)

But don't drop him (yet) - and don't start your sentences with a preposition.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Personally other than Moore being injured I wouldn't make a change.
I can't remember the last time we played the same 22 two weeks in a row (yes it may have happened I just don't remember it)
Marsh is worth while preserving with he makes mistakes but he won't learn by them if he keeps getting dropped every time he stuffs up.
Williams disposal has always been a issue but he has line breaking speed something we lack and he has a hard nosed attitude that is under played.
Who comes in for Moore is a matter for how we think we can exploit there defenders. Could we bring in MCaffer type and go defensive or do we play a Cox type deep and make Rance cover him or do we throw in a curve ball and play Howe or Oxley or Fasalo (depending on his fitness) forward as a mobile leaper ?
I know I wouldn't be playing Moore no matter what the next 2 weeks minimum no point risking his hammy under any circumstances just to get 4 meaningless points now
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^ i take it you have caught up with the coaching handover? Wink

I'm more concerned about who is going to play on Hart and Bartlett.

then there is the none to trifling matter of what to do with balme in the short term, medium term and long term.

as for this friday night, i expect a strong showing and very comfortable win.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:19 pm

John Wren wrote:
as for this friday night, i expect a strong showing and very comfortable win.

Hmmmnnn............not too sure how my prediction of a Collingwood win by 10 - 15 points will be "very comfortable" but time will tell... Rolling Eyes

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:20 pm

The Tigers are getting smashed in the media, we are in to $1.47 to win. I hate being favorite, especially this year.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Culprit wrote:
The Tigers are getting smashed in the media, we are in to $1.47 to win. I hate being favorite, especially this year.

this is how i feel about that rabble:

Quote:
"The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm out of this load of rubbish over a number of months. There will be no easy execution for you."

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:27 pm

John Wren wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Quote:
"The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm out of this load of rubbish over a number of months. There will be no easy execution for you."

LOL, Keating was good. Was that to Hewson?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Quote:

LOL, Keating was good. Was that to Hewson?

Well done professor Razz Wink ....at least you're not a feral abacus (I think)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:19 pm

^

Or a conga line of suck holes.

Oh wait, we already have a group like that, the ones with the distressed sacks. Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Or a conga line of suck holes.

Oh wait, we already have a group like that, the ones with the distressed sacks. Razz

Nah, that was Latham. Keating was not only smart but funny too. Latham wasn't either of those.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:50 pm

To follow up the 4qtr pressure game they played last
week we really need to repeat that again.

And not just two weeks of effort they have to play
the next three in similar vein

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:54 am

MY take is they will come out with all guns blazing for around ten mins, may get a couple of goals on the board early, then will run outa puff, start playing shithouse, and we can catch em, and finish on. we will be ready for them, I'm sure of that, we wont be caught napping.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:20 am

1st qtr is key. No doubt they'll come out breathing fire, just like the roos did and while they're not as good as them, we need to remain calm, disciplined and focused. They are very much down hill skiers and if they get on top early with their feral fans going apeshit, it could be a long night. We generally don't react well to onslaughts but if we've got our act together, they'll probably crumble. Another key will be our forward line setup. I'll be feeling a lot more confident if either of Moore or Fasolo play, especially if Moore can continue last weeks form. Both would be a huge bonus
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: