Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies axe four rookies (and Rupert)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:29 pm
Post subject: Pies axe four rookies (and Rupert)Reply with quote

Pies axe four rookies
12:02:14 PM Fri 31 October, 2003
Matt Burgan
afl.com.au

Collingwood has delisted four rookie-list players – Tom Hooker, Justin Crow, Jason Roe and Steven Eichner.

Crow spent two years on the Magpies rookie list, while Hooker, Roe and Eichner had just the 2004 season with the club.

As reported earlier in October, Mark Richardson, Jarrod Molloy and Glenn Freeborn announced their retirements and were all removed from the senior list.

And the Magpies also officially delisted midfielder Rupert Betheras on Friday, after he played 85 games for the Pies from 1999-03.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=125777
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How bad is the AFL site? The 2004 season???
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:40 pm

they need to pull their socks up!!, they make too many mistakes too often.... not very professional Wink

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:31 pm

No surprise with those rookies going that weren't playing regularly for Willi so there was no point retaining them. Sad to see Rupert go but we knew it was coming. With the 3 retirements, Rupert delisted, Scotland traded and Buckley being promoted to the vets list. We have 6 vacancies going into the draft plus 4 spots for rookies. We were having really done a lot in terms of list management since the end of the season but interestingly we will still have 10 news faces at the club next year which is a lot, i guess.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:59 pm

Sultan, Crow missed more than half the season due to breaking his ankle TWICE, Roe also missed a lot of games with injury, but the games he did play were in the Williamstown reserves, except for the away game at North Ballarat when he got his only run in the seniors, Hooker was another who missed a lot of ground time through injury, whilst Eichner was in and out of the senior team all year.

All showed promise when fit, and of those four, Crow and Roe would have been the most likely to be retained. Crow had to be elevated as he had already spend the maximum two years on the rookie list.

At least they kept Nick Maxwell, who had an outstanding start to the season before a serious hamstring pull saw him miss about eight weeks. When he returned, he didn't have the same 'spark', but was still a major contributor in Williamstown's premiership glory.

Hooked
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:52 pm

I thought that was tough to dump Crow. I would have elevated him!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:53 pm

Also Hooker was unlucky seeing he didn't get a chance, but Eichner and Roe were always going to go.
Rob8 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:07 pm
Post subject: RupeReply with quote

I'm really sad about seeing Rupe go. Surely he's better than Luke Mullins who did bugger all at Willi this year!!!!!

And b4 everyone has a whinge i know Mullins is still young but Rupe was vital in last years finals and i believe should have had more senior game time this year and was extremely unlucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: