Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do you use supplements?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I run marathons and swear by Collagen, powdered form. Couple of teaspoons a day, after 4 months, knee and hip pain gone. Beat my PB by 17 minutes due to lack of pain and better training.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:38 pm

You doing the GC next month?
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:57 pm

In reply to TP

Initially on glucosamine from an online vet supply, then when I worked out the dose, just stuff from the supermarket. It's exactly the same. The dose is determined by the dogs weight (my dog was 60 kg so it was easy). Coating pills in butter and then closing the dogs mouth has always worked for me.

Around the same time the old fella started getting a tin of sardines in olive oil every day as well. He lived a pretty good life till the day he died at 14, a good innings for such a large animal. My daughter and I still have a cry over the great furry boofhead.

I've seen people treat dogs arthritis with Rosehip Vital C with Go Po and krill oil, there is a vetinary version as well as human, in powder or capsule form. Some poeople and dogs get good results from it. It is quite expensive but worth a try.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:35 am

Thankyou, sincerely, ill check that out xxx
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:44 pm

I take liver tablets based on Milk thistle. A blood test a few years back showed some liver damage from too much drinking, so I take one of these each day.

Last few blood tests have shown no signs of liver problems, I'd rather take a daily tablet than quit drinking.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:05 am

Take a vitamin D capsule daily, but it's especially important in winter when there's less sunlight during the day.

I've read that a third of Australians are vitamin D deficient so it's a common problem but obviously much of this stems from awareness of having sun protection due to a common incidence of skin cancers in this country which is understandable in many respects.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:53 am

Jezza wrote:
Take a vitamin D capsule daily, but it's especially important in winter when there's less sunlight during the day.

I've read that a third of Australians are vitamin D deficient so it's a common problem but obviously much of this stems from awareness of having sun protection due to a common incidence of skin cancers in this country which is understandable in many respects.

Spot on Jezza. I was shocked when I had blood tests last year that my vitamin D was so low! I take vitamin D/calcium, and I have everyone in the family on it too. Good pick up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: