Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sorry, Port, You ARE the Laughing Stock of the AFL...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:18 pm
Post subject: Sorry, Port, You ARE the Laughing Stock of the AFL...Reply with quote

OK, we didn't get Nick Stevens (yes another Stevens thread). I never thought that we would get him and I don't really care that we didn't. Dairy-filled Baked Goods and all that...

Stevens said that he wanted to go to Collingwood. An embittered Port Adelaide said from day-one that they would make it nigh on impossible for Collingwood to get him.

The 'Pies offered some good stuff for Stevens, but (thankfully) wasn't desperate enough to throw the baby out with the bathwater for him. Port rejected all offers and made ridiculous and outlandish counter-offers.

Well, it's ended up with Stevens having to go in the Draft and will probably be picked up by Carlton.

Port Adelaide screwed Stevens, they screwed Collingwood, and more importantly they screwed themselves.

I saw on the TV a Port Big-Wig saying that they didn't want to be bullied by a player and a club, that they didn't want to trade Stevens for "nothing" and become the Laughing-Stock of the AFL.

Well, I'm not sad to say, Port Adelaide, that you are the Laughing-Stock of the AFL. You choked (again) in the Finals Series and in an effort to look tough after that debarcle, you lost a high-profile player for absolutely NOTHING.

Collingwood got nothing, but we also lost nothing out of the deal, either. (OK, so we did trade Scotland to try to do a deal with Port, but Scotland wanted to play games, so he left. Good on him, really.)

You did it to yourself. You are the Laughing-Stock of the AFL, Port Adelaide. You will be for many years to come.

Get Smart 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Supported Collingwood for over 30 years.
Wanted always to beat Carlton.
But now I want nothing more than to beat Bloody Port Adelaide.

Williams will be out of a job at the end of 2004.
And no club will take a GOOSE like you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: