Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Still chasing Stevens - All Stevens Stuff in here Please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh choko would be bluffing for sure. he will sign with SOMEONE in the last hour. how stupid would choko look losing stevens for nothing!

someone told me stevens is 23, i thought he was older then that. however if he is 23 i think we should try and get him (obviously) as mick will stop that receiving BS that he often does quick smart.
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:23 am

Look I didn't know which thread to put this on so now its on two threads.
I know this might sound silly but put a price on his head say $800,000 a year contract. I’m assuming every other club has problems with their salary cap and we don’t, we pick him up for that 1 year. But the fine print says that his new contract cannot be more than 100,000 per year for the next three. Or even a verbal agreement of the same accord.
Would something like this work? I have no idea if it can but what do you guys think?
Another thing, I see Nathan Brown as good as if not better than Stevens and he is going for a three way deal in which the Dogs get Peter Street and draft pick No. 6, so why won't the powerless take one of our players (who is better than Street and draft pick No. 17 or 21 or whatever it is???
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:24 am
Post subject: CALL OFF the POSSUM HUNT NOW!Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
You know, if MM hadn't tried a 17 year old boy last year instead of giving him a year or three to develop there would be no conversations about McGough on here except people would be saying how he is one of the promising guys that can step up this year from Willi.

Premature Tradjaculation.

Cam, Is there any known cure for this condition before friday's deadline?
Nonetheless, CALL OFF the POSSUM HUNT NOW!

Dyso

TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:26 am

i rekon port are gonna come crying to us tomorow for a deal because their board will crack the sh** with Choke'o over his comments and will not want to release Nick Stevens on a "free transfer" they'll take watever we giv them
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:35 am

I hope you're right TuPaC, I'd love to see him go for a draft pick, even if we had to chuck in a player say Scotland.
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:48 am

We should defenitely NOT trade Scotland AND McGough, that's <snip> ridiculous, and port are total idiots for declining that.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:55 am

I say we give them whatever they want as long as its not, Taz, Pebbles, Bucks, Burns, Clemment, Cole, Johnson, Didak(the future star),Scotland,McGough,Woey,Josh,Guy, Tom.D,McKee,Neon,Cheesie,Willow,Wakes,Cloke1,Cloke2,Shack attack,Mull it over Mullins,Shaw1,2or3,Presti(the solid one)Tex,and anyone else Ive missed. Iknow two bloke from Upercumbacktowest all mechanics thirds who are willing to go there and are also willing to play for free piss in the bar, their names are Bob Downport and Kisshour Butts
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:57 am

As neil balme said today tho.... we really haven't got that much to offer at this point in time that will make port happy... No players we are willing to part with that are up to there standards and only one first round draft pick... It will be very tough... lets just hope it's not a misiti like situation again!!!!
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:54 am

I can't believe Port would prefer to lose Stevens to the draft for nothing, rather than trade with Collingwood. I understand that all sides want the best deal they can get but this really shows just how petty they are.

GO PIES!
Marg
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:57 am

I still can't believe we offered Scoots and MCG. If we were losing Stevens I'd take MCG and Scoots for sure.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:39 pm

Author
Joel

Sir Scott

Post subject: Carlton won't get Stevens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ransom claim as Stevens deal collapses
16 October 2003
Matt Burgan

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=trade&spg=2004display&articleid=124193

Quote:
Port Adelaide’s proposed deal with Carlton over Nick Stevens has collapsed after Stevens declared once-and-for-all that did not want to be traded to Optus Oval.

Port Adelaide coach Mark Williams accused Stevens of trying to hold the club to ransom and said the 23 year-old could now take his chances in the December draft.

“The club is really disappointed with the decision that Nick has made,” Williams told afl.com.au exclusively.

It's either us, or the draft.

Prototype

It'll be Collingwood, I reckon, Port aren't going to lose a player like Stevens and not get anything back in return. This will mean they will have to take any offer that Collingwood puts up. I think the threat was to push his price up, to see if Collingwood are willing to trade a player like Didak, which will never happen.

chalky:

I have a feeling you're right on the money Proto. All the bluster, finger jabbing and posturing coming out of Alberton ATM is proof that they are in the throes of covering their respective arses first. Painting Stevens as the BAD boy in a deal "gone wrong".
When they finally close the deal with Collingwood it will be reluctantly and with a huge amount of animosity toward Stevens by the Port supportors - a sentiment fed and fueled by the port admin to deflect and ease the on coming flack and blame games.

Chalky, no difference to how we feel about Nick Davis.

stoid:

Well put Chalky, totally agree with you.
Although, don't we need another ruck? lol

Gonna piss em off when we get him and he wins the brownlow......................hey, what did I fall asleep.....................must have been dreaming

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:55 pm

GO RUPERT 10

Location: THOMASTOWN,VIC,AUSTRALIA Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:15 pm
Post subject: LOOKS LIKE WE ARENT GETTING STEVENS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

according to the afl website port are gonna let stevens go into the pre season draft meaning that we have no hope of getting him
i hope im wrong and we do a deal before fridays deadline

labrooy:

As much as I like Richard Cole I think he could have been let go in order to clinch the deal. Oh well, too bad.

Theres heaps of stuff bout this on the Draft/Trade board...

Brodie Holland and Heath Scotland: Collingwoods international brigade

CQ:

i bet they wont let him go to preseason. almost anyone is better then nothing.

oh btw, i say almost anyone, but there a few id say FKOFF 2, like corey mckernan 4 instance. pfft. dont know what the roos were thinking there...

nuxta:

labrooy Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:20 pm Post subject:

As much as I like Richard Cole I think he could have been let go in order to clinch the deal. Oh well, too bad.

Richard Cole is gonna be a superstar just you wait and see. I am so excited by our club we are gonna be like Brisbane just you wait and see

GO RUPERT 10:

im still pissing myself lauging
that hack mckernan for david teague and digby morell
hate to say it but i think carltons gonna get the better deal

CQ:

they got digby AND another player for mckernan BWAHAHAHA

fk why didnt collingwood try and get digby!?!?! i reckon hes alrite!!!

as for cole nuxta, yeh i hope he does turn into a superstar but thats what everyone said about mcgough and leon, and look at them now.
time will tell ay! (lol that sounds so cliche!)

Culprit:

The longer it goes on the better, pressure increases on Port to do someothing or get nothing, ala Nick Davis.

Prototype:

Port won't put him on the draft, they are saying that to see how much Collingwood, or whoever, is willing to pay to get Stevens. If Port keep going, he will end up on the draft and they will have lost a player, with no gain. So, once the trading periad almost closes, Port will probably get desperate to get something back for Stevens, so they will probably take any new deal.

creedymagpie:

He will be traded today by one club!

There is no way that port are going to give him away for nothing, and thats what will happen if he isnt traded today!

nuxta:

We will just have to wait and see...........and like the footy tragics that we are every chance we get we will run to the computer and look at whats going on............................fun hey.

Prototype:

Port will lose on this if they mess around, put him on the draft, I'd love to see all the artices mocking Mark Williams, and his bitterness costing them a player and a possible draft pick.

labrooy:

Nuxta,

I hope you are right about Cole. The fact that MM refuses to trade him suggests he thinks the same. The guy has guts but falls down in the smarts department. If he could curb his enthusiasm just a touch and improve his skills and decision making he will become that champion.

Anyway on topic I reckon today Collingwood will offer McGough, Scotland and pick 17 for Stevens which will clinch the deal.

Anyway on topic I reckon today Collingwood will offer McGough, Scotland and pick 17 for Stevens which will clinch the deal.

Haven't we already offered that?

labrooy:

Yes, but eventually Port will have to accept that or miss out altogether. I can't see Mick putting anyone else's name on the table. I don't think Port will be interested in Rupe or Stunning, do you?

chalky 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:36 pm

Stoid, you cheeky bastard! lol

I have this new theory about our rucks, mate. If Stevens makes it across, at $400,000 per yr, he can bloody well ruck himself and then rove his own hit outs. Wadayarekon? LOL

Seriously, the level of animosity is going up a notch, as the stakes get higher, with each passing minute. I hope it's all "professional
oneupmanship". It doesn't seem logical, but Port, if they are really emotional, could spit the dummy just to spite us. - maybe
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:41 pm

I can certainly see where Port is coming from as we were in exactly the same position last year with Nick Davis.....Port may just hold us out as they obviously see Stevens as the difference between us and or them winning their way into a grand final...oh wait, we did that when they had Stevens.....lol....I guess we will wait and see...only 1 1/2 hours to go..I will say that I am now a lot keener to see Stevens come to us as it is obviuos that this is where he wants to be and that excites me...

cheers

chicken wing 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:58 pm

I wonder if now that Scotland is officially going to Carlton, whether that means we have told Port to piss off...Scotland was on the table as part of the Stevens deal, and is more valuable than McKee or McGough. Hope it still happens!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: