Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patience is still heartbreaking

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 12:16 pm
Post subject: Patience is still heartbreakingReply with quote

I know we still have a long way to go if the last three weeks are any indication but geez losing still stings. It hurts that bit more when in these last three loses we have showed glimpses of dominance at particular stages, generally in the first quarters. After that it seems we lose our bite,momentum and generally fall in a heap....I guess we have seen that a bit this year with the Kangaroo/Port Adelaide/Carlton games which we have been able to generally compose ourselves and win on occasion. But i think now that the season has drawn itself out somewhat
we are found to be wanting in the 'hard at it stakes' and confidence has been burned. Chris Tarrant is an example of this(although I think he has talent to share). I feel finals are beyond us and hate the fact we have wasted such a good first half of the year...I guess I'am venting some pain again...

Lift Collingwood....We are starting to Bleed again....

Louis

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 3:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the season's really turned to shit all of a sudden. Amazing to think that 3 weeks ago we'd just beaten Adelaide and were 8-5.

The finals are still not completely beyond us ... but it's going to require us to win matches in which we'll be rank outsiders.

I'm no stranger to footy-related depression but so far this season I've managed to avoid sinking into the abyss. Even though the losses have hurt like hell ... every one of them ... I've avoided that sense of utter hopelessness that I went through last year. And I steadfastly refuse to stop believing in my great Club ... our great Club.

So, let's just hang on to our hats.

It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll.

**floreat pica**

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 7:27 pm

At the start of the year most people knew that the Pies were only a 10th to 12th placed team and would have been happy with 8 or 9 wins for the season. I think we all expected 2002 to be our real chance for the finals. Yet it has been almost impossible not to take on the false hope that the team’s premature brilliance inspired. But now reality has hit and boy does it hurt, even though we are where we thought we would be. Our young kids are knackered, we have too many players carrying injuries into each match and a few too many under-performers. Half of me wants to rip them to shreds, while the other half knows that what they have achieved so far we should be proud of.

Expectations we have far exceeded
While the opposition we have impeded
But now that reality hits
It blows the illusion to bits
Yet we shouldn’t wallow in despair
We know one day soon we'll get there
We have to be patient and wait
Until we rule the top eight
It takes more than just one year
To build a team opponents do fear
We want our team to dominate
Not merely improve and stagnate
The Magpie era is soon to be here
Now that is something to cheer

Sorry. I can't think of anything new to say as I am so tired and depressed. Don't really know why I bothered.

The wait is almost over.....and I am over he wait

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 2:43 am

Well i just wanted collingwood to be there for that first week in september(finals)so all week prior to our first finals match in years i could go around and stick it up all them scumbag bastards who have given me so much shit over the years i was really looking forward to it i reckon it would of been the best.

Sadly it may have to wait another 12 months and another september of being laughed at!!

OFF TO THE QUACKS TO GET SOME PROZAC!!....WHO'S COMIN WITH ME.

GO PIES.

COLLINGWOOD..simply the best...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST!!we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:31 am

Um I'm not optimistic that we'll make the finals yet I haven't given up hope. If we knock off Freo next week we're still in the hunt and then we'll kill Richmond coz we hate em and I think we match up well against the dogs , then we'll flog Essendon coz we hate em, then we'll flog Carlton coz we hate em and then will smash the roos coz we hate them and we owe them and coz King and Carey and Archer all deserve a good punch in the head.

Get fired up pies and get stuck into the mongrels!!!!!!!!!

Fradam Wrote This
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:40 am

Yeah, I'd like to see the boys run out on the ground the next few weeks with a real do or die attitude. We've got nothing to lose as last year no-one expected to see the Mighty Pies in the eight and giving other scum clubs a run for their money.

If we can still put up some good performances this year but miss out on the finals then we've still made a huge improvement from the last few years and can start looking towards a huge 2002.

But if we do make it into the eight then we'll be kicking alot of other clubs and supporters in the teeth (and a few other interesting places I wont mention!). And Oh, what a feeling that will be!!!

GO THE MIGHTY PIES!

Marg

MagpieMark 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 7:17 am

Yeah!

And now its OUR turn to be the team that is playing for OUR season. We've put up with Geelong, Brisbane and Dorkthorn playing for their finals chances and now we are going to turn the tables on these p*ssant teams above us. I think we will do well everyone, especially coming from behind and from the clouds.
Go Pies!!!!!!!!!
Mark

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 7:58 am

Patience is for prison-inmates. I don't have time for it.

There are guys traipsing around in the Seniors who don't deserve to be there and others who are playing completely out of position.

A lot of problems can be solved with just a bit of tinkering; the Kangaroos have proven this. But too often Collingwood's persisted with a losing formula.

Get it right, Collingwood.

Sly.
MTA.
The Collingwood Rant.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 10:03 am

I've just watched the Roos get blown away after leading by 69 points.

... and our collapses suddenly don't seem as bad.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 11:03 am

Thanks Mike..there is a god.

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 12:00 pm

I've just watched the Roos get blown away after leading by 69 points.

Which leads to the question, what is stopping us from coming back to win, it seems lately, once we're down, we stay down.. WTF!!

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Johno-#26*`~-_

[This message has been edited by *miss_magpie* (edited 22 July 2001).]
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 4:19 pm

Fradam, I love your work.

But just one thing ... if hating a team is enough to beat them, then why haven't we won every premiership since 1897? Is it because they hate us more?

Oh, for a simple life !!!

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: