Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patrick Karnezis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What kPi's were white blair Seedsman Goldsack hitting?

Fasolo has earned his recall and played some good footy second half of year. Blair has been woeful for 11 weeks.

Elliot has been terrible in the second half of the year but yet is our leading goal kicker.

Karnezis Should of been given a stretch of 4 full games to see if he is up to afl level. He never got that opportunity despite exceptional vfl form.

Patty should of played in games ahead of Blair & Seedsman to see if he could make it.

So now he leaves our club with us never knowing what he could do at afl level. So when he goes elsewhere & performes then we would have no one to blame but ourselves.

This team lacks polish and poise in our front half something that patty has in spades..

Fact is bucks doesn't rate him & thats fine. He is coach and has the right to do what he wants

but the way he managed him & others before illustrates a massive flaw in bucks people skills.

shaw. Beams wellingham Dawes Thomas Harry O all left because of not getting along with bucks. Now we got some great deals out of those players thanks to Derek hine, but it doesn't take away from the fact that bucks can't get the best out of different personalities.

and our results under bucks reflect that. 4th 7th 11th 12th..

What more does the board need to see that he has been a massive failure ?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:31 am

Look, I don't think Karnezis has been a "massive failure" - that's just unfair.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:35 am

TimetoFly wrote:
This is it in a nutshell.

After he was dropped after 2 games as sub & 1 full game, he was told to work on his defensive pressure.

Fair enough he took it on board went back to vfl and lead the tackle count for several weeks. Also kicked goals and and 20+touches.

End of May has another meeting with bucks. Bucks tells him that he is way down the pecking order and has many others in front of him. Tells patty that his opportunities will be unlikely.

Patty then says to bucks that my tackle numbers are up and pressure acts, I did what you asked and still kicking goals, why aren't I getting a look in?

Bucks then says "it is what it is".

Patty kills it in vfl in June & july. Bucks then approaches patty early August and says that there might be an opportunity. Patty tells him to get £$%$ed and says that he won't play another game under bucks. Wants to play vfl and then leave at end of year.

Relationship was broken. they had a final discussion to clear the air. Bucks wanted to play him against tigers. Patty said what's the point I am not going to be here next year, but happy to be traveling emergency.

So basically bucks doesn't rate him & despite exceptional vfl form decided in May that he wasn't part of the clubs future. Very harsh considering his first year at pies was killed by injuries. And after a couple of games his fate was sold.

Bucks telling a player "it is what it is" half way through the year and writing him off is a disgrace. Forget how he acts in media , bucks has no people skills at all. Reason why so many left beams shaw Wellingham Dawes Thomas etc.

Patty didn't crack the sads at lions. They wanted him badly but he wanted to go home. Voss didn't play him knowing he was leaving. Which was poor by voss

Patty didn't crack the sads at pies until he did everything that was asked of him and then told "it is what it is".

His treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful. He will tear it up at another club next year. Hawks blues dogs tigers demons saints all shown interest. He is disillusioned by footy & might be walking away. But I think he will take up an offer at another club. And so he should.!

Hope he shoves it right up bucks!

If this is correct, it's a sad indictment on the coach. Once the trust has broken down, there's nothing left to salvage. According to your post, he tells him what he needs to work on, he ticks all the boxes then Bucks changes the rules so he can't succeed. Nice one! I seem to remember that happening to me when I was being bullied at school.

BULLIES: Give us this amount or you're dead!

I give them what they want then the amount increases so I get the beating anyway.

Hmm. I hope this is all untrue because I really want him to stay but unfortunately it seems to explain a lot about what has been transpiring in the past month or two.
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:03 pm

King Monkey wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:
This is it in a nutshell.

After he was dropped after 2 games as sub & 1 full game, he was told to work on his defensive pressure.

Fair enough he took it on board went back to vfl and lead the tackle count for several weeks. Also kicked goals and and 20+touches.

End of May has another meeting with bucks. Bucks tells him that he is way down the pecking order and has many others in front of him. Tells patty that his opportunities will be unlikely.

Patty then says to bucks that my tackle numbers are up and pressure acts, I did what you asked and still kicking goals, why aren't I getting a look in?

Bucks then says "it is what it is".

Patty kills it in vfl in June & july. Bucks then approaches patty early August and says that there might be an opportunity. Patty tells him to get £$%$ed and says that he won't play another game under bucks. Wants to play vfl and then leave at end of year.

Relationship was broken. they had a final discussion to clear the air. Bucks wanted to play him against tigers. Patty said what's the point I am not going to be here next year, but happy to be traveling emergency.

So basically bucks doesn't rate him & despite exceptional vfl form decided in May that he wasn't part of the clubs future. Very harsh considering his first year at pies was killed by injuries. And after a couple of games his fate was sold.

Bucks telling a player "it is what it is" half way through the year and writing him off is a disgrace. Forget how he acts in media , bucks has no people skills at all. Reason why so many left beams shaw Wellingham Dawes Thomas etc.

Patty didn't crack the sads at lions. They wanted him badly but he wanted to go home. Voss didn't play him knowing he was leaving. Which was poor by voss

Patty didn't crack the sads at pies until he did everything that was asked of him and then told "it is what it is".

His treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful. He will tear it up at another club next year. Hawks blues dogs tigers demons saints all shown interest. He is disillusioned by footy & might be walking away. But I think he will take up an offer at another club. And so he should.!

Hope he shoves it right up bucks!

Perhaps Buckley was testing Patty's character by making him go the extra yard until early August.
Character test = Fail.

If true, PK complaining about Buckley's comments shows he is immature. The player list is huge and sometimes you have to wait your turn, if he handled himself better he would have had that chance now. Most of us have heard the it is what it is comment, we may have received or delivered it ourselves, it's called the workplace.

As for the comment regarding Shaw, Beams, Dawes, Wellingham & Thomas. Heater was unstable in his last year, Beams left for family reasons, Dawes chocked under the pressure of fighting for his role, Wellingham like Shaw was unpredictable and Thomas was physically broken. Apart from Beams the club and Buckley knew exactly what they were doing with these players.

Buckley has a year to prove himself, if he doesn't then worst case scenario the incoming coach will inherit a great player list.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:42 pm

The main part of the story which doesn't make sense to me is why would Bucks be so stupid?

He doesn't have to like the kid, and the kid doesn't have to like the coach. Bucks wants to pick the best team, because he wants us to win. Remember there's plenty of assistant coaches around, plus Balme, so if there was a personality clash between PK (or any player) and the coach, then I would expect this to be recognised and addressed within the football department. At the end of the day, it may have been a judgement call that PK is simply too slow and perhaps nowhere near fit enough for the massive lift in intensity which AFL footy demands. So despite him being a great VFL player, his weaknesses may have been considered too much to get him across the line at senior level. For the record, I've been a massive PK fan, but tbh, on those 3 times he played in the seniors, he looked incredibly behind the pace and lacking all intensity. Sadly, it seems he just didn't work out. Let's not begin a witch-hunt against Bucks because of his supposed 'mishandling' of one player. Overall, Bucks has backed all our kids in and given them terrific opportunities to prove themselves.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Why specifically, does, Bucks want to?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:16 pm

Supposedly from his Brother:

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:16 pm

ttf is the brother?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The main part of the story which doesn't make sense to me is why would Bucks be so stupid?

He doesn't have to like the kid, and the kid doesn't have to like the coach. Bucks wants to pick the best team, because he wants us to win. Remember there's plenty of assistant coaches around, plus Balme, so if there was a personality clash between PK (or any player) and the coach, then I would expect this to be recognised and addressed within the football department. At the end of the day, it may have been a judgement call that PK is simply too slow and perhaps nowhere near fit enough for the massive lift in intensity which AFL footy demands. So despite him being a great VFL player, his weaknesses may have been considered too much to get him across the line at senior level. For the record, I've been a massive PK fan, but tbh, on those 3 times he played in the seniors, he looked incredibly behind the pace and lacking all intensity. Sadly, it seems he just didn't work out. Let's not begin a witch-hunt against Bucks because of his supposed 'mishandling' of one player. Overall, Bucks has backed all our kids in and given them terrific opportunities to prove themselves.

Very little of the story makes sense. I don't think it's accurate, at most it's a jaundiced view from one side.

What player is going to turn down playing seniors? Even if you're moving on it's pretty damn critical to your career. There's just no way. And if he did? Well, that's shows an incredibly poor attitude and we're better off without him.

But really, we don't need an elaborate story to make sense of the situation. Karnezis has definite flaws and did not take the chances he was given, simple. He wasn't good enough to take Fasolo's spot this season. Blair plays a different role and was in competition with Kennedy. We'll see if he decides to fight on and work for a spot or seeks opportunity elsewhere, either way his decision won't have a big impact.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:26 pm

After that post I was going to ask if the poster was 'close' to PK or the situation but decided against it because usually if people do have real info they don't want to drop anyone in it.

If that is his brother, then remember there are 3 sides to every story but IF that is the case then the optimist in me says it's just a clash of personalities (like H and well... everyone) and it's best if he moves on somewhere else to be appreciated more.

If he's 100% gone, then good luck to him and I hope he makes it wherever else he ends up (except against the Maggies).
Medieval 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:34 pm

No comment.

Last edited by Medieval on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Anyone see the VFL game against Carlton? Paddy won the centre clearance, ran forward and kicked the ball 70m for a goal. On the MCG. That's right..70m on the run, with no wind. I can't even remember the last Pies player that did that.

Of course, why would we need that at Collingwood? We can go every week and watch Blair try to tackle someone.

We supporters don't want to go and see just great effort, but talented players. It takes many types to make a champion team. We are a proud football club. The club is bigger than the players, the coach, the president. They are just temporary custodians and representatives of our great club. The people's club.

Something has gone horribly wrong at Collingwood for Paddy to leave without getting another opportunity this year. That part is plainly obvious. As a club, how can we forgive cocaine users but then not give a deserved chance to a player that has had a spat with the coach?

Say it ain't so Bucks. I hope there is something in this, that explains everything. At the moment the evidence suggests that possibly it's you that needs to take a good hard look at yourself, and accept that no one is perfect, and occasionally even you can make mistakes. It would be good to hear it once in a while.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Supposedly from his Brother:

That post word for word is doing the rounds in several places including facebook.

If that's actually his brother writing it then both PK and his brother need a size 12 leather enema. If he's really looking to leave then every club will be reading that stuff and labelling him a petulant sook.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:44 pm

^^Yeah, will struggle to find a club with that attitude.
chicken wing 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Clearly a very one-sided and biased account, and not doing his brother any favours by putting it out in a public forum. Karnezis has not been tearing it up in the VFL and has done little more than short cameos at AFL. Fasolo has been in and out of the side so he is hardly stiff competition, yet Karnezis can't even tip him out through weight of VFL performances. Happy for him to move on and afflict another club with his poor attitude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: