Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#47,#11 Jarryd Blair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
piedys wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Big T wrote:
He has no future in this team. I believe that is obvious.

Obvious to who?????
Been obvious to me and a few others for years!
I could write a book on the abuse I have received re Hobbit.
But I don't care.

And that soda he dropped in front of goal.... No longer AFL standard.

A book on the Hobbit abuse eh? by J. R. R. Thompsoc.
Can I have a personally signed copy please? Laughing

Thanks Dyso
Sometimes it gets a little lonely carrying that friggin ring.
The S&LB are pretty relentless and they sometimes remind me of those Orcs.
But I shall carry on with mission of getting another flag for the mighty magpies and will not deviate in what is needed to get there.
Thanks for your support.

Lol, I'm still trying to visual what Swoop42 said in the game-thread:

swoop42 wrote:
Blair you hobbit bunghole.

thompsoc wrote:
Well, what the hell is a bunghole????
Sounds interesting...

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:18 am

Yes Dyso
I was really interested in what it meant!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:22 am

I hear you. When was this exactly?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:29 am
Post subject: Re: BLAIR MUST GOReply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
jatsad wrote:
That is all

And I thought when it was his turn tonight he did!

Not sure it's thread worthy though.

Jackcass when are you going to concede?
Lets play the young ones and give up the farce of thinking Blair is important.

I thought we did the play the young ones tonight ?

Blair isn't the future but he certainly held his spot on tonites performance, particularly in the first half when the Pies set it up.

We have one young player not playing (Kennedy). Karnezis is about the same age as Blair so doesn't count. So that's it, one player.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:46 am

No doubt the little man will struggle to keep his spot next season, especially if we recruit another mid and if Broomhead and hopefully Freeman are up and about. But until then, let's show Bilbo a bit of respect. He gives his all each week and for all his weaknesses, he has shown better AFL form than either Kennedy or Karnezis.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:34 am

For Blair to go out someone who plays similar to him at VFL level must show why they should be promoted and then prove it at AFL level
No-one has

We are playing kids and we need some experience around them Blair has played over 100 games for us

This has been explained in every other Blair thread

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:07 am

RudeBoy wrote:
No doubt the little man will struggle to keep his spot next season, especially if we recruit another mid and if Broomhead and hopefully Freeman are up and about. But until then, let's show Bilbo a bit of respect. He gives his all each week and for all his weaknesses, he has shown better AFL form than either Kennedy or Karnezis.

This 100% this

Keep it classy guys, Blair has busted his gut for our great club. I just never get the hate piled on. Give me a plodder, a trier, a never say die grunt man, over a superstar that can't be £$%$ed any day

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:10 am

Attitude is just as important as aptitude
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:26 am

Keep it nice, people.

I'm not a Blair fan by any means (and I was very disappointed when he dropped that pass directly in front) but, really, he had as much of the ball as Joel Selwood and more of it than, eg, Jimmy Bartel, Motlop, Gregson, Cockatoo, Murdoch, Bews and - yes, wait for it, Tom Hawkins. Oh, and more of it than 13 Collingwood players (including every single one of the permanent forwards).

In those circumstances, this thread is a bit of a disgrace.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

If they were given the continuity Blair has been shown, you wouldn't be saying that.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:19 pm

jatsad wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

If they were given the continuity Blair has been shown, you wouldn't be saying that.

Kennedy has had many opportunities and continues to butcher the ball and make poor decisions, even at VFL level. Karnezis had 2 (or was it 3) years at Brisbane and has since had 2 years at Collingwood, but has not shown the necessary level of intensity and fitness required at AFL level. Perhaps they could each have been given more senior opportunities, but over the last couple of years, for all his faults, Blair has demonstrated good decision-making, good finishing, gut running and fearless tackling. Those are facts.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:00 pm

neil wrote:
For Blair to go out someone who plays similar to him at VFL level must show why they should be promoted and then prove it at AFL level
No-one has

We are playing kids and we need some experience around them Blair has played over 100 games for us

This has been explained in every other Blair thread

Yep and still the logically challenged don't get it......instead they bang on about happy sacks and how they've said this and that for ages while they puff out their sunken chests.

It's continuously pathetic against a guy who just simply tries and does his best for our club.

And Thompsoc, if you have had a lot of abuse over this you probably deserved it for your myopia. He won't be best 22 for ever, someone will take his spot eventually. But Until then quit whining about it and suck it up ffs.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:07 pm

jatsad wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Players earn continuity.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:13 pm

^^Exactly. And Blair earned his at one of the toughest times to do so. Coming into the side in 2010 where we had a number of veterans in the VFL unable to get a game, but still holding his place as a rookie and going on to play in a flag was a great achievement.

Since then he's barely missed a game. His performances this season have been quite good. Those who have been given a chance to replace him have not taken it, unlike Blair in 2010. We're not going to gift games to players and drop Blair just because some supporters don't like him. His form will need to drop off, as it did a couple of times this year, and the replacement will then need to take their chance, as they did not this year. Simple.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:16 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Exactly. And Blair earned his at one of the toughest times to do so. Coming into the side in 2010 where we had a number of veterans in the VFL unable to get a game, but still holding his place as a rookie and going on to play in a flag was a great achievement.

Since then he's barely missed a game. His performances this season have been quite good. Those who have been given a chance to replace him have not taken it, unlike Blair in 2010. We're not going to gift games to players and drop Blair just because some supporters don't like him. His form will need to drop off, as it did a couple of times this year, and the replacement will then need to take their chance, as they did not this year. Simple.

And we'll be a better team when it happens as we'll have a senior player consistently giving seperior performances. WHEN it happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 18 of 43   

Jump to: